New 300zx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 300zx

ITs been a while, the mustang has a block heater (coolent fill every 2days) leak and ive almost talked my mom into getting me this 90 300zx n/a as a graduation gift. at this point im very exited but know that ill have to compensate by putting more power in to move the big body. just wanted to know if anyone has sugestions for slowley turning it into a semi-not-full time-drifter. what do u guys think about the seller asking $6,200 with 60,000 miles. just looking for some drifting responses, thanks for the time.

About the right price in my experience at looking at 300zx. You don't need more power, you need experience drifting/driving. Worry about how you drive, then worry about your suspension, then worry about your power level. It should be near the bottom of your list.

Comment

Seems on the high side to me. I sold my 93 I think it was for 6000 grand in 2000. Heck i've TT's going for round 7k now. I'd either shop around or talk him down some.

Look before you leap.

Comment

what kind of engines can you swap into the 300zx chassis? i know the engine is quite heavy and will be hard to drift with.

Comment

The engine isn't really the problem, the whole chassis is heavy, its just a big car. I wouldn't worry about any engine swaps unless youre a hardcore drifter who has sponsorship or deep pockets man, because its gonna be some custom work for sure. Just work on your driving, your suspension, and do some bolt ons before you even think about an engine swap. Those engines can produce some good power,and I don't think an engine swap will make a difference that is worth the money it would take.

Comment

yeah those things... even the N/A .... can show some inpressive numbers and just a lil of advice be sure your ready for any work you have to do cause even simple things liek changeing belts or even the water pump can get a lil irritating due to lack of space in the engine bay i mean it if FULL
            MAKE SURE it doesnt over heat soon after buying....and if it does get it checked out and then depending on what it is you might want to gfet your money back....this is from experience.... my friend got a 90tt and that thing was freakin quick but not 2 weeks after buying it, all hell broke loose in the engine bay
            i think the damage came out to like 8,000 to fix....and even then it probly wouldent run the same ever again ... but then again it was turbo

im not trying to discourage you, by all means the 300 is a nice nice car, i mean if it wasnt it wouldnt have the stillen com. basically based around it........
            SO DO YOUR HOME WORK ON THE CAR

Comment

thanks for the responses guys, class is starting so ill reply more in my computer class but yeh im almost fully inlove with this car and am having hard thoughts. about that swap thing. dosent it take near 6g's for a twin turbo kit, wouldent the same price be near close if i were to order a twin-t engine from japan. say one of those lower class skyline engines or somthing. anyways still twisted up inside to make the final purchase, what should i say as for naming my own price, he keeps telling me "its rare" which it is in alaska

Comment

Working...
              X