• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal?

hey tell me if this is a good deal:

a 1989 240sx XE coupe.
    152,000 miles
    engine makes a clickin noise, but the car is in good condition and has not given any problems runnin.
    $2300.00

i checked the blue book value and it turns out an excellent condition 89 240sx runs about $1500. my question is, is this worth talking the price down? thanx for the input

defiantely try to talk him down to about 2 G's. Tell him you'll need that other $300 to fix that clicking noise. Have you seen the car yet?

Comment

no not yet. im goin to check it out tomorrow.

Comment

i paid 2800 for my 89 but it had a new water pump, radiator, hoses, and belts
        plus the engine only had about 40thousand on it

Comment

im gonna finance an s14 instead. if i put down $2000 for a $4000 car, about how much will my payments be? excellent credit.

Comment

that s13 was expensive for the condition its in...its only a ka24e and it clicks and the guy wants 2.3k for it? that guy is nutz

as for the s14, they are cool....i like them. if you put down 2k, your payments shouldnt be too high, specially not with excellent credit, which you said you have. how long of a loan do you want to get for it? like how many months?

Comment

It was a coupe though. So the price is reasonable.

Comment

Yeah no one is going to sell you a 240sx at blue book value. The blue book doesnt take vehichle popularity into consideration... for example your not going to find a AE86 GTS at blue book value.

And out here at least, Coupes are rarer and more valuable. Especialy 5 speeds. I would be hestitant only because it has the clicking problem AND its a single overhead cam motor. but aside form that its not really a bad deal

Comment

However with that said, if you can get a S14 for 4000 dollars that is a great deal, do it. financing 2000 dollars isnt very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X