drift cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift cars

what car is good to drift with? ive been always wantin a 240sx but down here in oahu theres alot on the streets. so what do you guys suggest?

Any car can drift with a good driver. RWD with a 5 speed seems to be the most popular. If you have to settle for an Auto, then thats OK too. Other drivetrain layouts can drift too, but some are harder than others. The Year/Make/Model is really up to you.
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 12-03-2003, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, crazyhawaiin basically covered it all. Whatever you choose doesn't necissarily have to have lots of power. Remember, drift car setup is first and foremost handle before power.

Comment

I suggest you test drive all the cars that you might consider choosing. Just make sure it's FR or AWD.

Drifting is more about comfort than anything.... not saying that I'm an expert, but that's what I believe. If you feel comfortable driving a certain car, then it's probably easier for you to control it.

Look into anything from 240sx to 240z, to Corolla, to Subaru, or even domestics... just whatever feels best, is going to be the best car for you.

Comment

DUDE!!! 240sx!!! hahaha... ok i got to stop representing my hatchback already... are you serious about hawaii having alot of 240s? what year? and are they all ricers?

Comment

Originally posted by uselessradio
            DUDE!!! 240sx!!! hahaha... ok i got to stop representing my hatchback already... are you serious about hawaii having alot of 240s? what year? and are they all ricers?
            theres alot down here.also drfiting is gettin kinda big down here as well.

Comment

well i just sold my "domestic drifter" project. it was a 5.0 notchback i was planning on doing up the suspension d-style and getting the camber and settings all right and tight...but 1st i didn't like the power band of the v8 as opposed to a 4 cyl. (but i love the torque, just want some more revs) and 2nd, the car seemed heavy and was super quick to snap. i want something that's a little easier to control and i'm seriously considering a s13 or s14...but if i came across the right deal on a cressida....ummmmm 4 door drift monster.

Comment

some options

71+ corollas, celicas (except the convertibles),
                supras,
                cressidas
                AE86
                71+datsun/nissan Fairlady 1200 and 1600 roadsters,
                510, 210,
                240/260/280Zs and ZXs,
                S11 and S12 200sx (84-88 i believe),
                s13 and s14 240sx,
                300Zs
                71+Mazda R100s,
                RX3s,
                FB, FC, and FD RX7s
                WRX and EVO for awd fans (but my wrx is hard to drift)
                mustang, camaro, firebird, 'vetts (for you domestic fans)
                merkur xr4ti
                bmw's
                911's

just some ideas....yeah basically any RWD car "could" be made to drift...some are just easier and cheaper to build than other, as in the case of the 240sx's, FC's, and AE86's.

Comment

hachiroku...

50/50 weight distribution
                  rwd
                  excelent power to weight ratio...

Comment

hmmm

cough SKYLINE cough SILVIA
                    jm dude its all preference my friend drifts a sentra SER c'mon its ff but i have never lost him in my rear view.
                    some people swere by hatchis some people like 240sx's it all up to you i drift a mustang well as much as it can be drifted and personally i like instant power of the V8 but its kinda weird to get used to the understeer. thats why im selling the 1/4 mile BEAST
                    for somthing a lil more lighter maybe on the lines of a HATCHI or a S13 maybe if everything works out and i sell my car for 15 i will get my R32 gts-t. SO IF ANYONE WANTS A FAST MUSTANG JUST LET ME KNOW IM GETING A FRSH PAINT JOB ON IT WHITE WITH BLUE PEARL oh yea did i forget to mention its got a 351W engine swap pushin like 450hp and 480ft of tourqe. ive even got it up to 162 on the freeway too many cars had to slow down but i felt like i could do like 175-180 on a good day. if anyone wants some info just tell me im just too lazy to write the list of stuff it has on it

Comment

i heard that the 1987 volvo station wagon has 50/50 distribution, predictable handling, and can hold a slide to the end of eternity with no modifications and minimal input from the driver!

Comment

Mreh!

Come on people, not even sliding that 300zx in there? TT or N/A Both perfect for drifting to me. If I wasnt running so much money into this project of mine now i'd buy a fairlady off the bat tomorrow.

Comment

lexus sc300 (soarer) lexus is300 (altezza)

what happened to those cars? I know the Altezza is still fairly expensive but the sc300's are getting pretty cheap especially if you get the MT. What do you guys say about this? car even has the 2jz in it. If I remember right.

Comment

eh

I've seen a couple soarers out there, and in particular I don't like em, they are just to damn heavy (unless you are running carbon fibre everything). And for the IS300s' ive seen a few of these drifting here an there (mostly in japan) the sedan types seem pretty good for drifting, but the wagons are crap. (my opinion)

Comment

oh yeah, and miatas too....don't forget them

Comment

Working...
                              X