FF Drift...help, newbie and FF, uh oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    A personal attack? Man you really are reaching. I only asked to gauge what you know (or don't know as your posts suggest).

All you have to do is "Search" the forums. The videos that I spoke of are here. You seem to have no trouble typing a 3 page long rebuttle so why can't you search. I guess that falls under the pigheaded way you cling to your ideals about FF drifting. But that is neither here nor there.

I have told you, other people have told you, so if you don't think a FF can Drift then good for you. I don't think you have any experience with automobiles, Drifting, FF cars, FR cars or anything to do with an automobile. That's my opinion and you can't change it. If you think i'm wrong, get a friend with a digicam and tape it, find a host and post it.

Reading your posts, which by the way have 0 fact in them, just your opinions, they also have 3 or 4 different definitions of what constitutes a Drift, one of which sums a FF perfectly. I think you really need to go to a driving school. Take your Neon or your Concord or whatever it is you drive out on the track and try it. It doesn't sound like you have. If you can't make it drift then I stand by what I said before. Maybe you suck at driving a FWD. Doesn't sound to me like you even know how to Drift period. Sounds like you're trying to drift your mouse all over this forum.
    i never said i was the ichiban. we're not talking abilities here. we're talking about the car. i said once that a skilled ff driver (aria for example) will always be able to defeat a poor rwd driver (myself) because of car control. i don't have a whole lot of wheel time behind rwds, i drive a saturn. before that i drove a crx. before that, it was another saturn. before that it was a neon. before that, a concorde. i'm not one of these 'internet kiddies", who comes on here to lie and say i live in japan, and i drift my gt-r on the touge every night, or that i have a cousin who's brothers uncle let's me drive his supra and i drift it all the time. i've driven a few rwds, only enough to get acuainted with them. why would kyle beat me if he was driving his ef and i was driving, say, an s14? because he's got better car control than me. I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH RWD. but i can tell you that i've been out drifting with people in rwd, i've ridden in people assdragging and i assdrag myself. there is a BIG difference between assdragging and drifting.

i'll stick to my "pigheaded" ideals on drifting until someone shows me that a fwd can drift, and yes, i will search the forum.

Comment

First, the civic everyone has seen......

http://my.so-net.net.tw/s3sport323/cv4.wmv

Next, the Subaru rex's FF crap box drifitng

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/w...kZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

there it is, two fine examples of drifting FF

I still think they use the handbrake to much but, so do the FR guys. FR guys should NEVER have to use it and FF guys should only have to use it occasionally.

And, your comments about the rear hopping around and jumping trying to grip are silly. FF cars transfer most of the weight to the front tires in a hard turn and the inside rear wheel often lifts off the ground, not because if is hopping around gripping, but because it has no weight on it.

Ever been to an autocross? watch any short wheelbase FF car and it should lift the inside rear wheel around every turn even when it isnt sliding....watch hondas and VWs..

Comment

give me a while, i'm on dial up. it's going to take a while.

Comment

<b>if it can't spin it's tires then how does it lose traction? shitty tires only go so far.

*and you know what i mean, 100% is impossible</b>

you cant over come friction 100 percent that is whats impossible. A highpowered rear wheel dirive car can use its power to spin the tires indefenately. But many low powered cars cant, Mine cant.. Hell my open differental will drag one tire no mater what. A hachi roku doesnt have enough power to keep the wheels spinning indefenately.

They can only keep them spinning as long as physics will allow, Depending on there speeds and weight trasnfer and other factors.

I guess its impossible to drift to any degree a open differential car, or a low powered car.

Wait.. its not impossible, its only difficult and at a dissadvantage. Kindof like a front wheel drive car.

Guess because you never saw it its impossible. I have never seen anumber of things, it doesnt make them impossible.

Your arguement as boiled down to this "A front wheel drive car cant drift because its not spinning its tires" yet you wont openly admit that. I guess seeing your arguement put into simple terms offends you. Maybe you see the thinness of your arguement in the simplified definition. Since spinning the rear tires with the throttle is a attribute of rear wheel drive cars your argument is really "A fwd car cant drift because its not rwd"

Some of these guys your argueing with have much more experience then you or i. It is pretty rediculous to totally brush off there comments. If you dissagree its one thing, but lets put it this way. ever hear the phrase its better to be thought a fool then open ones mouth and remove all doubt? doesnt 100 percent apply here but take it this way, Its easier to dissagree silently instead of writing huge post in dissagree with guys with much more experience and knowledge in it.

Argueing with me is one thing, but these other guys. I feel sorry for you, its more then i would of wanted to bite off.

Comment

kaneda

Hmmm now just a quick question, Umm In your opinion FF is not drifting, whats your theory on AWD? Is that also not drifting as well because its not FR?
            Last edited by HasNoTiresLeft; 03-19-2004, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Was just about to post those vids. Thanks JBoss.

Watch the vids man and think long and hard about your ideals. They are outdated, have no grounds in reality and if you still cling to them after those vids then you are just a moron and there is no helping you.

Maybe you need a little more experience before you make a blanket statement like the one you did. Thinking before you speak is a great talent to learn. So is researching a subject before argueing for 6 pages only to be proven (with video) that you are wrong.

Welcome to the wonderful world of forums and people that actually know something and don't talk through their rectums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Welcome to the wonderful world of forums and people that actually know something and don't talk through their rectums.
                Man talk about needing breathments...

Comment

alright, sorry for the wait, i'm back.

Originally posted by HasNoTiresLeft
                  kaneda

Hmmm now just a quick question, Umm In your opinion FF is not drifting, whats your theory on AWD? Is that also not drifting as well because its not FR?
                  an awd can drift because it can break traction. it still has too much grip to drift large corners without a lot of power, but you can still drift.

as for the vids, the subaru one didn't work, it wasn't opening for me. i actually dl'd the civic one and then ran down to the library because 56k is so slow.

the first was very interesting, while he didn't slide through every corner he did seem to nail quite a few of them. this driver, whoever he is, is incredible. don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying this guy can or can't drift yet, but if you can, give me a little more footage then that. you've given me enough to calm down, but for me, the verdict is still out. from what i saw, he did slide through a lot of the corners, but he didn't appear to slide through the whole corner, which to me, is drift. he also gripped through a lot of corners, the nose of his car headed straight for the apex as i said it would and most of his drifting seemed to be locking his rear tires (as seen by the fact that his rear wheels stopped moving completely quite a few times). this guy is great, he could hang with or beat most of the guys i've seen. call me a moron or a bullshitter if you want, but i'm still not sure whether to call that drifting.

and the man child still hasn't been sacrificed.

A hachi roku doesnt have enough power to keep the wheels spinning indefenately.

i've seen several that can. and i'm not talking about 200whp 4ags like ueo's, i'm talking ae's with bolt-ons, 100whp, sometimes less.

I still think they use the handbrake to much but, so do the FR guys. FR guys should NEVER have to use it and FF guys should only have to use it occasionally.

i don't see why you'd say that. it depends on the driver and how much power they're working with, and different drivers use different techniques.

my head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    Man talk about needing breathments...
                    har.

Comment

• ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• a fwd can nail a few corners but it can't drift all. har-har! drift without drift!

Comment

• Lol go away bad dream.

So let's recap. You say that this guy, whoever he is, can hang with or beat most guys you have seen. I can only assume that you have seen Option videos or D1 footage. So I am guessing that he can beat them? Well if you think he is that good then how in the wide wide world of sports can you still say that a FF can't Drift?

You make about as much sense as a Hooker that gives it away for free. Funny guy though.

You thinking is cracked on this subject but I can't say I don't like you.
                          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-20-2004, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• heh a hooker that gives it away for free... Lol ima use that one at work (if ya dont mind me borrowin it ghost)

Comment

• as in most of the guys i've seen drift in person. even the best drifter i know would get his arse kicked by this guy.

oversteer is not drift. locking the rears and dragging your wheels is not drift. he got some of the corners, but he didn't connect all of them (which according to both crazyhawaiians and my own definitions, means he wasn't drifting, "the difference between a powerslide and drifting is that when you drift, you're connecting each corner"-crazyhawaiian), and even you have to admit he was assdragging some of the corners and wasn't drifting nearly as fast as a rwd could. i'm still not sure what to do at this point. every time i watch this clip, something else pops out at me.

and thanks. it's nice to know that even when we disagree completely and our opinions are completely opposite, there's no bad blood. just because people disagree doesn't mean they have to dislike eachother.

Comment

• Originally posted by HasNoTiresLeft
                                heh a hooker that gives it away for free... Lol ima use that one at work (if ya dont mind me borrowin it ghost)
                                that's called agressive marketing, and this must be a very wise hooker, it's the same thing as the free samples at the supermarket, well not really

Comment

Working...
                                X