mtn road or parking lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtn road or parking lot?

hey I was jus wondering...for all you REAL drifters out there...where do you [prefer to] go to drift: a nice windy road wit lots of switchbacks or a nice open parking lot?

traditionally you start in the parking lot and work your way up to the mountains. but considering most american drifters don't have access to actual mountain passes, you start in the parking lot and usually stay in the parking lot, unless/until you find a race track

Comment

I actually started in the mountains and am still there. Go figure I don't have access to alot. Anyways, it meant a few crashes and a few cracks in my bumpers =\

Comment

I prefer the winding roads, but I know my limits so I practice new techniques in the lots, I think everyone prefers a mountain run to a parking lot, but not everyone is skilled enough to drive'em

Comment

Originally posted by Menchi
          I prefer the winding roads, but I know my limits so I practice new techniques in the lots, I think everyone prefers a mountain run to a parking lot, but not everyone is skilled enough to drive'em

I'd actually have a good parking lot session right now. The touges around here are getting a little boring.

We've sort of been in the off-season too, so no one else to run with.

Comment

I have to say Parking lot by default because i have no mountains....
            Hell theres barely any hills here. We have some curvy backroads... so i practice new techniques in my local abandoned lot and get some road slide time in on the back roads, normally late in the a.m.
            Last edited by HasNoTiresLeft; 03-14-2004, 11:17 PM.

Comment

you cant relate drifting in a parking lot to drifting on the touge....its like 2 different things/sports..... i luv touge racing but i also luv drifting in lots and doing crazy stuff but doing some dori on the touge i just dont have the balls for that...

Comment

Has anyone in SoCal ever done the Big Bear run?

Comment

on ice....ummm cough yeah .....but then i got stuck behind a semi truck half the way down...

Comment

parking lot to warm up...mountian road or intersection with straight line drifting for fun

Comment

i wish there were moutains around here. i usually drive on some really nice streets fulls of turns and parking lots.

Comment

North Dakota dont have mountains???? ARE YOU CRAZY!... Theres tons of moutains out that way, I'm sure if I can find some in wisconsin, you can find some in north dakota... I've found like three great runs around my area... two are pretty flat but with really nice windy corners and one is quite steep for my area.

On a realted note, I've converted my friend... He was all about the 1\4mile untill I made him go to one the runs near our city.. At first he was scared and didnt really want to push it that hard, He drives a 93 Integra LS, and I have given him all the warnings about driving that on the runs. He did great when he got the balls to push it... I cant wait untill we both can go tackle those runs togreather...

Comment

I'd be to much of a wuss to drift on a mountain pass so I usually grip race the mountain and in a open parking lot late at night do the occasional slide.

Comment

I've only played in lots when I was younger...and there was a nice pack of snow...yes...younger...hehe. I've never actually used a parking lot for testing. I just take caution when drifting.

For drifting, I just fly down the back roads around my house. There's a benifit to living in the country. It's mostly 90's though and a few higher speed slight corners. I'd love to find some 180's or something to whip around. Wouldn't mind some more hills too. It's all pretty flat around me, good visibility though, quite safe...well except all the pot holes and washboard. I swear I'm going to rip a tire off one of these days. I can't wait till they grade(grate?) the road. It'll get nice and loose too, woohoo! Did I mention this is gravel?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X