Drifting an SC300...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting an SC300...

So, i will be getting an 1994 SC300 soon, and I want to know which suspension would be best for making the car a drifter. I was looking at Apex'i n1 set up, or a JIC-magic set...what else is good?

you dont NEED suspension to drift, but if you are going to get suspension i would say to get some shocks and stiff springs, unless youre making it a more track than street car.

Comment

I dont know all the options that the Sc came with in the States but here they all had TEMs or traction control decive that worked off the suspension. To do what you want you wont do it with a set of coils on the factory struts if it is in deed traction controled equiped. The suspension on that car is exelent Toyota technology. The unequil lenth A arms are aluminum and the suspension is allmost exact to the 80 Supura. The coils and shocks are the same exept for springrate. Definetly buy what you can afford for suspension but personaly I would look at all the different brands before you purchase a set. The Apex is a good choice. In Japan Jic is the poormans choice as well as Tein. I have used both and am not happy with eather.

You choice in car is very good in Japan they came with 5 spd and the 1JZ tubo or V8 n/a. The V8 is dirt cheep here and the turbo Auto is not much more. To build a kick a55 car a Supra donnar would be the ticket to a solid car.

Comment

zeal coilover setup,endless 6 potters f/r,18x10"rims
        Attached Files

Comment

#1 LSD
          #2 stiffer suspension
          #3 manual

my buddy has the SC400 and it's biggest downfall is the dog-leggin diff

Comment

weight, weight, weight!

-MR

Comment

lexus...whoot whoot!

Comment

Originally posted by nrgdrft
                zeal coilover setup,endless 6 potters f/r,18x10"rims
                Could i possibly get some links to a retailer for those rims and whatever else the hell you have there? lol

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X