ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s13 or s14. which is better for drifto???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait i need hard facts like iknow the 180 has 50/50 displacement and the s14 has a bit more at the front so can anyoen give me some more hard facts?

Comment

dude, basicly there isnt much difference stock, And aftermarket its all basicly the same. Just get the body style you want and can afford.

Comment

thats what i wanted to hear tanx bro

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          dude, basicly there isnt much difference stock, And aftermarket its all basicly the same. Just get the body style you want and can afford.
          Yeah, it all depends on the driver anyways, just pick which one you prefer

Comment

yes, the s13 and s14 are almost the same so it doesnt really matter. The s14 is a little bulkier but other than that, not too many differences. They share the same type of steering setups and the rear suspension are actually almost identical. Any weight distribution differences can be fixed just by either adding more weight front/rear, or if you are blessed with cash, lightweight components will fix it. It really comes down to cost and look.

Comment

s13 woot woot! lol they fall apart being older cars but you wont mind as much if it gets messed up. the ka will take a beating again and again. also the s13 is about half the price of an s14 and lots of parts for you at the old junkyard. if you dont want to spend too much time on fixing stuff then get the s14. s14's i believe have a 55/45 weight ratio compared to the s13 fb's having 50/50 and the coupe 52/48? doesnt really matter too much cept the s13's tend to understeer. s14's are heavier too. not as many s14s so if you wanna stick out i gess go with s14? seems like a nicer car. my opinion is a little biased, oh well. pop up lights rule!

Comment

are you guys talking about 240sxs or actually s14s and s13s with stock sr20s? cuz theres a difference...

Comment

im talking about 240sx, since we dont get sr20s stock

Comment

OK I drive a 95 240sx and the front end of the car controls the rest of it, as far as understeer go's there really isnt any,other than motor work the car is stock

and in the older 240's (S13) understeer is seen through all corners

unless you are really good at weight transfers

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                      are you guys talking about 240sxs or actually s14s and s13s with stock sr20s? cuz theres a difference...
                      actually the only difference is the motor and look, the suspension setup is basically the same. power doesn't really matter in drifting either, how do you think ueo won d1?

Comment

Originally posted by solo_acts
                        actually the only difference is the motor and look, the suspension setup is basically the same. power doesn't really matter in drifting either, how do you think ueo won d1?
                        right...power doesn't matter...that's why Ueo's 4AG makes 200 at the crank which is hard as hell to do n/a with a 4AG. Also why his car isn't stripped to within an inch of the floorboards to save all the weight he can...

...there's alot more to it than that bro. Ueo is a damn good driver though to make up for the lack of torque the 4AG has vs a turbo car.

Comment

you practically stated the same thing I did... power is not the factor, driver is key.

I don't think the AE would ever beat a 400hp twin turbo rx7 in a straight way...

Comment

NO YOU CAN NOT HAVE MY CHEVETTE!!!!
                            WHAT ARE YOU, FRIKKIN' CRAZY!!!1

Comment

i dont have a rwd car.....yet, but ive been reading alot about drifting and drifting techniques and i have an idea of how to drift. i was on this one web site that said the s13 is the third best drifting platform and the s14 is fourth (first of course is the s15). So i went onto Gran Turismo 3 to see for my self, i know its nothing like the real thing but i think the s13 is better. it has better handling and easier to control. but then again this is only a game i would have to try it first hand. I agree that the driver can only bring out the full potenial of the car not the car itself. Ueo is a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* cause he had the most underpowered car out there and yet he kicked all of their asses. One day i will be just as good as him..........just waiting for a good price on an s13(240sx fastback). oh by the way what years did they make the s13's
                              Keep drifting!!

Comment

It depend how you drive the car. If you can handle the s13 better than the s14 then take the s13 if it the other way then take the s14.

Comment

Working...
                                X