about to buy either an s13 or a 2nd gen rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to buy either an s13 or a 2nd gen rx-7

hey guys ok its time! im about to buy my first drifting car. i saved up 1500 and i found a friend who'll sell me either an s13 or sencond gen rx7. guys i was just curious what would be a good drifitng car to start up on and what car would get better as i get better and what car can handle up grades the best as i get better. i know their both very similar 50/50 displacement light weight nice engines to start off with. but which is better to upgrade say i ever wanted to slap on turbo or do a swap if ever i get good enough for that. PLEASE HELP. ANY BIAS RESPONSES WELCOMED HAHA. TANX DRIFT HOMIES.

FC!

Not understeer queen =\

Comment

you should really use the search button cause there are LOTs of threads that are like this saying which is better. but eh.

FC!!! Rotary's are good. and S13's are known for horirble understeer. a lot of people on here will probably say FC.

Comment

has anyone ever REALLY drifted an FC? Im not talking about dcking around in a parking lot, but actually going out and running one hard on a track? I have drifted both to the best of my ability.

honestly, stock for stock.....or even slightly modded for modded, 240SX is a much easier car to control. Once you get past both cars having a good amount of suspension work done, then it more or less equals out.

go talk to Ted at http://fc3spro.com. He is currently helping build a "full out" 20B FC drift car, maybe he can help you see the light.
        Last edited by Matto; 03-27-2004, 04:22 AM.

Comment

ive never drifted an FC, but have you ever worked on one? My buddy just got one, has had lots of engine troubles. I'm not saying the 240 wont, but if you dont know how to work on a rotary you are screwed. It's just gonna cost more to pay someone to do the work than to do it yourself if you know how to work on a piston engine. The FC is a good deal, but maintenance will be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

Drifted an FC like it...driven an S13...liked that as well
            Oh and i met REted in Prague..while he was there working with Higgi..cool guy...knows his *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*..but to quiet!

Comment

u know Ted from when he was at Higgis place?? Dang, small world...

Comment

go buy a go kart

Comment

I'm partial to the fc myself, i just love that rotary sound, but if you get one make sure you know how to work on it, or at least make sure you can figure it out pretty quickly, they're tempramental machines

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                    u know Ted from when he was at Higgis place?? Dang, small world...
                    yup..stationed in germany for a while...had my vert there
                    Higgi is hella cool.
                    you can even see pics of my car on his gallery(higgies) at the Most Autodrom

Comment

Working...
                    X