off road drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road drifting

Hey everyone. I'm going to be moving to Phoenix AZ soon and there is a lot of off road action there. The thing is, I don't really dig big slow trucks. I want to build an off road drifter, something fairly quick, and low enough to whip around in the dirt, maybe even take jumps if it had to. I can't really find any information on this subject, and I figure you guys would know best. I'm sort of looking for a full size dune buggy, I'm just looking for a good starting platform. I was thinking something like those Suzuki Escudo thingies you see racing Pike's Peak. I know they don't exist in this country. Sorry about the topic, I know it isn't really drifting related, but you guys are my only hope. Thanks for any help.

Off road drifting is called rallying

good base cars i can think off the top of my head are:
    Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    and
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    hope that helped

Comment

well, sort of

Right I know about rallying and the two cars you mentioned aren't quite in my budget . The terrain is almost mountainous and I was thinking of some sort of small truck, because it will nedd some ground clearance. It's hard to explain, all in all I'm looking for a truck that can perform rally tasks ( I know it can't be as good). Thanks for the reply.

Comment

get a small toyota truck

Comment

The early 90's Ford Rangers came with I-Beam suspension excellent for off roading. Just put a skid plate up front and some 33's and ur set. In the dirt anything rwd drifts.

Comment

Yep, you're sticking to compact trucks then. Look at weight and suspension design to narrow down the choices between brands. You may like a particular suspension type over another. After you have it, start pulling weight out. You may even find it good to remove part or most of the bed to even out the weight. I know my old ranger was rear heavy, some bed removal would have brought it up to 50/50 front/rear. If you want it competitive in a sense, weight removal should be something in your mind. If it's a daily driver and a hauler(odd jobs), you may not have the ability to do such drastic things.

Comment

Working...
            X