I think my s13 just died on me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my s13 just died on me....

im still trying to figure out what the reason is with my car trying to like breathe soo hard.....my muffler is like its trying to choke cus it sounds like i have spitfires ahah... anyways the intake is fine.... the car is a lil "cold blooded" but still heating it up didnt help at all ...... i already did a fuel injector, engine cleaner bottle thing awhile ago which i dont need to do.... soo the plans on are getting a tune up meaning new oil change.... if that doesnt work then im also getting new spark plugs and maybe even a new starter and distrubitor..... if that doesnt work then i know my engine is dieing.... if thats the reason then this summer ull see me with a sr20..... if u guys have any pointers or tips help me out..... ahahah my car sounds like its from the WRC....

mine has little back fires sometimes when i shift at higher rpms
    but ithink thast because i have big exhaust piping...2 3\4 no turbo
    i guess thast big, not realy sure

Comment

I feel your pain brother the Auto S13s on this board are dieing...

Comment

hmm....that is no good man. at least your car still drives well enough to be driven on a day-day basis.... my 240 is to the point where i cant hardly take it anywhere, and when i do drive it, i have to heel-toe just to keep it running. i would say do those tune up things, and if that doesnt woprk, then yes, go with sr20. thats the option i have chosen, so ow im just working on the funds.....

banged240: my 240 has 2.5 in exhaust piping from the headers back, and it was fine in its prime, and it wasnt turbo. 2.75 in is rather large, but i dont know if it would make your car back fire or not.....

also, does anyone know if misfire ignition systems work well on sr20's or not?

Comment

well i checked my oil... the color is a lil lighter ... but what mad me go pheeew... was when i looked at my mileage... i thought my mileage was at 114,000 and i was in for a oil change at 115,000 and when i checked it it said 116,000...... geeez i drive alot ahah.... time for oil change!

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*..correcti on.... found out that i got my oil change at 115,000 and its not even time for one...aaah *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING BULL *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* GODAMNIT IM *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*NING PISSED

Comment

maybe you should check your timing........change cap and rotor ,plug wires new plugs maybe a fuel filter too...if you want i can probably give you a deal on all that stuff......i work in la mesa tho:-P

Comment

update : new fuel filter..... helped a lil .... put in injector, valve, etc cleaner..... hoping that helps a lil.... after getting a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of fuel all over my hands i have found that my filter had a crap load of dirt in it which i hope the cleaner can clean some of the dirt that may have gotten to the injector..... now thats still not the problem..... could be sparks or anything soo right now the car is going to go to a diagnog. test.... then from there ill find out what i can do..... till then ill keep updating

Comment

the same thing happened to me and it turned up to be a blocked CAT. u may want to check that out or any blockin the exuast creating extra back pressure l8r

Comment

have you posted you qustions on the nico boards. they will help. www.240sx.org

Comment

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net

Comment

you have to use that fuel/injector cleaner alot to get any results. like a bottle for every 10 gallons of gass. a dollar store is good place to get them at. i had to do this for like 2 months in my mazda.

Comment

if you've got a blocked cat, chances are you've got other problems elsewhere. Might want to have your injectors checked out. The differential can make a difference in the smoothness of shifting for an AT. I just changed my gear oil with a 75w-90 mobil 1 gl-5 gear oil for the diff. 1.2L is necessary.

The other thing you would want to do is a basic tune up. I bought these parts pretty cheap and they're very good.

NGK Iridium Plugs (PDM-Racing.com) 20 bucks
                          Aurora Ignition wires (" ") 30 bucks
                          oem distributor cap and rotor (courtesyparts.com 30 bucks
                          new belts 30 bucks
                          o2 sensor (pdm-racing) 22 bucks
                          300zx fuel filter 9.25 local dealership

I do my oil changes with the following to get the excess crap out
                          gunk motor flush 3 bucks
                          mobil 1 10w-30 30 bucks a case
                          oem oil filter 5 bucks

Timing is another important part
                          you'll need timing light, 12mm socket for the distributor

you're shooting for 15 degrees, the marks on the crank pulley go from -5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20. make sure you're looking at the crank pulley's markers and the pin that pokes out the front cover.

let it warm up
                          disconnect your TPS, start your car, adjust the idle to 700 rpm + or - 50 rpm
                          check your timing and rotate your distributor to 15 degrees + or - 2 degrees.
                          reconnect your tps and your timing is set

general tip
                          On nico, there's a big thing about using Seafoam. I've used it on my car, my sister's altima, several other 240's, an mr2 and a celica. They all felt better after the usage of seafoam on their engines. This product can be had at napa auto parts

Comment

what is seafoam?

Comment

Working...
                            X