Hachi Roku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hachi Roku

Where can I find a AE89 Corolla GTS for sale? And about how much do they go for?

Re: Hachi Roku

Originally posted by 4-D Racing
    Where can I find a AE89 Corolla GTS for sale? And about how much do they go for?
    if you're talking about a hachi roku...then u mean AE86 right?

anyway, you can find AE86's on e-bay, local auto trader papers, classifides, autotrader.com, cars.com, etc., etc., etc. just look around you'll find one eventually.

price is a funny thing though. now people realize that there is a demand for these cars and i've seen some on e-bay go for 1500 to 5000 dollars (way more than they are worth IMO). however i know some people that's picked them up from "local yocals" for less than 1000 bucks. think about it...how much are you willing to spend for an almost 20 year old toyota....you have to answer that one yourself and figure how deep your pockets are.

personally if i could find one in "good" condition for less than 1500, i'd say go for it. however, if you can only find the priced gouged 4K and 5K cars, then i say look for a 240sx, FC, or Roadster. there are other cars...but if you're dead set on the hachi, just beware that some people are jacking the prices on the cars just because it's being shown more and more in the mags now. that sucks for us!

Comment

thanks

ya the 86. sorry bout that. thanks for the info.

Comment

an 86 isnt worth 5k..maybe to hardcore initial d fans it is..its a sexy car that would look awesome with a kit but i would buy one for 500 lol

Comment

I've been looking for an AE86 as well, but there doesn't seem to be too many to choose from. I just want a cheap, manual, rwd car. I've also been looking for FC's and 240sx's.

Comment

what do you guys think of a second generation rx7? i think they're sexy oh and third generations too...hey they sell 93+ rx-7s in the states right? if so, how much are they stock?

Comment

93+ rx7 go for 10,000g's I think, check Sport Compact Cars buyer guide

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                what do you guys think of a second generation rx7? i think they're sexy oh and third generations too...hey they sell 93+ rx-7s in the states right? if so, how much are they stock?
                yeah my buddy has a FC (2nd gen rx7) and we both love that thing. he payed like 700 bucks for it! sick right? LOL.

this other guy i know has a FD (3rd gen rx7) and he bought it stock out of the paper for 15K! ouch, pricey....he doesn't drift it, it's mostly drag/highway battle car. sick sick sick.

i say go for a 240, FC, or MX-5/roadster! that was my options b4 i found my roadster.

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                  i drive a 2nd gen. rx-7. it is a badass drift car. mine was only $1500 in pretty good condition. it's n/a, which is fine for me. you can find some good deals on TurboII's if you wait long enough. i have seen a mint condition TII w/ about 10k miles on a new engine sell for $3,000. check ebay and autotrader. you should find some good stuff there. FD's are usually really expensive. the made them in the states from '93-'95. they didn't sell well because of a super high price tag and "reliability" issues. i haven't seen any go for less than $10,000. they aren't worth the money to me... not yet anyway. college is expensive and i would never be able to afford a car like that. maybe when i'm a doctor i will one or two.

Comment

Working...
                  X