ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone see anyone drifting in a pick up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone see anyone drifting in a pick up?

i was just curious.. i hear about a lot of cars drifting.. but never pick up trucks....
    are pick ups frowned upon? or just not popular?

the leaf springs make it really hard to drift cause of all the body roll they get....if you spend the like few g's it would cost to get coilovers on it, it would be decent cause there is nothing in the back....

Comment

I saw a pick up drifting once... man, it suck'd!
      I don't know if I can call it drifting, but it was atleast what he was trying to do.
      But the again, it was an amarican pick up. Maybe that had something to do with it

Comment

id be scared of it rolling over...depends how high it is

Comment

I've drifted my old Ranger. It's a crappy drifter will no power, rear heavy, and high up. On pavement, you'd be running will one of the rear drive tires off the ground in a corner. However, on gravel it wasn't too bad, just barely enough power to do something. Gravel's just slippery enough to get about anything drifting. A well powered, lowered truck may work pretty well. Mine was rear heavy, so with a small engined version, taking the box off the frame may prove a pretty good setup. It's not idea, but it's doable.

Comment

another problem i would think trucks would have is the ebrake on the floor.

Comment

First off, my truck is very underpowered and automatic. So to get the wheels to even break loose you have to move weight around like crazy (feint). Second i have an open diff so only my inside wheel gets to spinnin and the outside ends up getting pushed. Third my steering wheel is HUGE. LOL, its hard to move that thing very fast at all.

My truck is a snow drifter LOL. I just end up tearing it up if i try to slide it on pavement.

Comment

Search "toycoma"

-MR

Comment

haha i tried drifting my dads 98 silverado z71. in the rain, its actually really easy to drift. dont try on dry pavement though, the body roll is to crazy, and the understeer is horrible.

Comment

i wanna drift an a lowrider 61 nomad pick up!!! would it be cool drifting and jumping mo foo style...

Comment

what is impossible in the drift world?

http://www.framipell.com/camioning.wmv

Comment

Working...
                      X