Dunlop FM901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop FM901

Im looking at what tires i want to get here in like a month, and im just wondering how the Dunlop FM901 compares to the Falken Azenis ST-115

i want something that will be good in the rain as well as the dry...

Can anyone help me out with that comparison?
    thank you

I've never driven a car with ST-115's but currently I have FM901s on all four tires. They're pretty sticky and not too bad in the rain. When I first got them they gripped like crazy, but right now negative camber and lack of toe are wearing them down pretty fast.

Comment

how long have you been using them? i know they arent rated as high as the falkens as far as tread wear, but if i only have to have like 1 set per summer, that would be just fine.

Comment

You should be fine with one set per summer.

Comment

I've heard they have soft sidewalls. Soft sidewalls= bad response.

Comment

i think im gonna give 'em a try, cause i can pick up a set for $64 (all 4)....

im using 15's, and the current size i hae is 195/60/R15, but the dunlops are 195/50/R15, so would the smaller sidewall make any real difference as far as clearance and stuff like that?

Comment

not sure, I'm running 205/55

Comment

well my bro has the falken azenis sports and they grip really well. they also grip very well in the rain. he has 225/45/17. he had his for about a year then had to get new ones cuz of an accident. i would go with the falkens butt hats just me. just my 2 cents. He is buying 225/45/17 Azenis ST-115s tomorrow, i'll tell how he likes them later.
                Last edited by Unclever Name; 04-26-2004, 09:49 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, im picking up the fm901's tomorrow afternoon, then when i get my next paycheck im having them mounted on Long Champ XR4's....JDM StYlE yO!!!

Comment

Cool, lemme know how you like 'em. Mine are getting so beat up!

Comment

will do! when i get the wheels and everything, i will post some pics of them on my car

Comment

I'd pick the St115s over the FM901s, but you can't beat that price you're gettin...

Comment

turns out, i didnt buy the dunlops cause the price was actually 64 each, and i found them online for 58 a tire...go fig. i still think im gonna give em a shot for two reasons. the first, falken doesnt make azenis in a 15, and second, they are cheaper than falkens anyways.....well, i will keep you guys posted

Comment

i like my fm901 just fine , yea they really grip if u want to drift it.......

Comment

Working...
                            X