No announcement yet.

Do Shoes Help Your Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I get what you mean...but by really feeling the pedals I'm sure you'll be able to feel the vibrations and everything...I think its getting as close to the car as you can...but your right...as long as your comfortable that's all that matters...have you all seen the goodyear shoes by adidas?..

Comment

You've got to get some experience before buying fancy shoes.

It won't help to feel vibrations and resistances if you don't know what they mean. This is what I mean by being in tune with the car rather than playing it like a full-body video controller.

Even with normal shoes on I could still tell the difference between rear wheelspin, front wheelspin, engine braking, turbo lag, and whatever else you'd hope to feel through pedals when I was whipping the Legacy.

-MR

Comment

just cuz I'm new to drifting doesn't mean I'm new to driving...I've been driving since I was 13...because my mom doesn't drive and my dad is never around...so you can't tell me I don't feel the differnce between these things...why do pros wear driving shoes then?

Comment

You guys never mentioned converse... those old school shoes are bad!!!

Comment

Reebok pumps are the best because you can tune each shoe differently. 6 pumps for the left and 9 for the right!

Comment

ah, the chucks and pumps...classic shoes...OH, the dunks...takumi wears dunks in stage 2...bunta and him wear newbalance in 1...yes

Comment

Hey, I'm not the only one who wears Wolverines lol. They're a good all around durable and practicle shoe, but they don't have much for feel. I've thought about the whole shoe dilema before. It actually came from my PC racing, wheel and pedals for Computer racing games. The pedals are quite soft and are hard to detail work with my shoes on. I usually take off my shoes when I use it. It helps oh so much for feel. The same effect would translate to a car(dependent on the car of course). I've always thought about getting another pair of shoes at some point, something more along the lines of athletic shoes, something that could be used for other things as well like biking, running, etc... I do have so rock climbing shoes I could wear, lol. I don't know how'd they be though, still pretty tough soles. The wrestling shoe idea is good, but it would have little use other than driving for me. Barefoot's always good and I like doing that during the summer at times...if I don't plan on going to the store.

Comment

i have a pair of addias that i have had forever and there are worn out but when i bought some new addidas i had a little harder time feeling the pedels. i would say for me at least the thiner the better

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                    Reebok pumps are the best because you can tune each shoe differently. 6 pumps for the left and 9 for the right!
                    I remember having pumps..man that was like elementry school... Those were so metikal.

I'm 17 now if thats any consolation(sp).

Comment

THIS THREAD IS SO HELPFUL!
                      Thanx for letting me know its my steel toe shoes preventing me from drifting and not my terrible power-to-weight ratio!

Comment

I have worn all types of different shoes while driving. From Jordan's (suck), to skate shoes like Adio or DC (okay), and to my Adidas Sambas (awesome). I really like the Sambas because I can heel toe in them like a champ and they have great feel and flexability, my friend cause them my Takumi shoes. They are also great because they are nice and broken in from playing soccer. So I say pick up some Sambas get them really nice and broken in. I where size 12s and it depends on the car if it is hard to heel toe. In my Civic I have lots of room, in my stepbro's Z31 I hit my heel on the right side of the floor, and in the OneVia it seems a little tight but manageable (thought I haven't actually driven in it to do so yet).

Comment

Yeah, it seems to me any retro shoe pretty much works really nice. Not only are they highly stylish, but they tend to be thin-soled with a tight fit. I have a pair of Sambas and a pair of Pony Starters. Both work awesome. I'm gonna' grab some New Balance 574s so I can roll Intial D-staile. They seem a little thick soled though, so I may go Puma Romas instead.

Comment

when i started drifting, i drove in osiris skate shoes. i thought i could feel the petals fine....wrong! i now wear my macbeths, they are really tight to my feet, have a very thin sole, and give me great grip on the pedals. but i have wide feet...so i can heel toe w/o moving my foot....just by sliding it over a little and bliping the throttle with the side of my foot! but i usually just heel toe like normal....

Comment

I just got my puma speed cats...they are sweet, just like real racing shoes...I love the feel I get...I'm so happy...

Comment

the shoe i can feel the throttle the most are my pumas, but that's cuz it's flatfooted like. other i drive with reebok classics. i don't think shoes really affect your driving. you guys seen those puma/sparco high tops. the one that some D1 drivers wear? looking for em

Comment

Working...
                                X