No announcement yet.

Do Shoes Help Your Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second that. Converse. The more worn out they get, the better petal feel you have too.

Comment

I know some asked bout the adidas goodyear shoes earlier. Yah i have them in black and the pretty comfortable most of the time. But i dont know about in a car cause i cant drive yet Someone also told me the bottoms made out of actual tires???

Comment

converses and reefs are great.

reefs are ultralight and i have plenty that ive bought from murusaki sports...unless you get reef's especially designed for skating, but most of them are used for walkin on the strip.

and converses are just old school and wonderful

Comment

I wear Puma Replicat II Mids when I drive fast and I can tell you that I feel everything. My rev-matching is very easy now. Plus, the mid design provides support to help lower fatigue levels.

Comment

whoa i read this thing a long time ago <8- ) anyways. how about bowling shoes? they just sort of have that leather flap and the slightly thicker heel. any ideas?

Comment

nah. bowling shoes are made of thin, hard, slippery leather with thin, hard soles. I love my plaid Nike Dunk Hightops, or barefoot. Did yall check the september super street? that guy drifted touge in thongs! He was crazy! I would say the best shoes would be home made moccasins if u have any mad leather skillz. Or if u made some kicks out of unmolded carbonfiber that would look hella tight

Comment

damn i read that too. it was funny because the guy got his flip flop stuck under his accelerator. that would suck but flip flops? come on. well its not really about safety but i dont wear shorts or sandals in public <8 -)

did you notice how the girl with the S14 had a full bride interior and even a bride babyseat. madness

Comment

i wore flip flops last time i hit the mountains, wasnt bad.

Comment

the only time I wear flip flops is coming back from the beach or something, but in that case i just drive barefoot. Im worried about the back of it getting stuck and folding under the brake or accelerator or something.

Comment

• oakleys have a racing shoe out now too

Comment

• I personally can't stand driving cars, especially manuals, with bare feet, sandals, or shoes with very thin soles.

I find it makes the clutch harder to manipulate, although I can't really explain why. The gas and brake pedals are also less comfortable, too. Thin or squishy sandles are no good, either, so I don't think I'd like racing shoes.

On the other side of things, boots kill your feel for the pedals.

I just wear New Balance classic running shoes whenever I drive (not a drifter... yet)... although I admit that's partially because I like Initial D too much...

I haven't driven in almost two months. *sniffles*

Comment

• For me, its all about the New Balance running shoes, simple with a allowing large range of motion. Also Air Force dress shoes.

Comment

• Well... In the Drift Bible Keichi was wearing wrestling shoes while he was drving.

Comment

• i fell asleep during the drift bible so whatever

Comment

• Wow. You must have a really short attention span.

I've watched it 10+ times and I pick up a new, usually important detail every time I watch it that I didn't remember or realize before.

Comment

Working...
                                X