• Show
Clear All

• those shoes have gotten some use!

Comment

• darn right slip ons for life, forget about the laces

Comment

• Originally posted by frictionfighter
        darn right slip ons for life, forget about the laces
        thats why i rock the sandals except in winter.

Comment

• i picked up some nice puma grit cat co last week. i wanted the grit cat race, but they didnt have those in (nismo ;P) red/black
          the co's feel great though.

Comment

• i use chuck taylors they are pretty thin so they work well

Comment

• I do think shoes do help you out by leting you feel the pedels a little more. I my self use some really old adidas that are thin but in the end what really counts is you geting seat time.

Comment

• frictionfighter youre my hero...do you go with socks too or just rock em barefoot?
                judging by the sweat stains, id say barefoot, but those white ones are too clean

Comment

• what are socks? haha barefoot all the way, oh and the white ones are brand new so i have to give em some use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost
                    hey everyone...I used to drift in my adidas superstars...and now I wear these thin soled pumas and I feel like I can drift better...does this help or am I just pushing harder because I think my shoes help?
                    I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if that has already been said. Yes shoes make a diffence. True racing shoes are stickier and as mention in one of the 1st reply have thinner soles for better pedal modulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanB
                      I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if that has already been said. Yes shoes make a diffence. True racing shoes are stickier and as mention in one of the 1st reply have thinner soles for better pedal modulation.
                      My background is more in road racing than drifting, but the equipment is the same. There is a guy that I race with has severe burn scars all over his feet from a wreck on track. To be blunt, it's just nasty looking, and you can clearly see where the skin grafts were done. The point being, racing shoes are fire proof, and THAT is what is important. Even though you don't drift at the same speeds that you road race, fire is still a concern that shouldn't be overlooked. You can get a good set of real racing shoes for $130, and if you don't wear them around the paddock and just save them for when you are in the car, they last a LONG time.

Matt

Comment

hey everyone...I used to drift in my adidas superstars...and now I wear these thin soled pumas and I feel like I can drift better...does this help or am I just pushing harder because I think my shoes help?
                        I use VANS to drift in.
                        I found that using some gold bond powder helps keep your feet dry and easy to monover over the pedals (inside the shoes).
                        I have seen a profesinial Drifter use Vans (or what looks like vans) shoes to drift in.
                        I think it all depends on how compfortable you are in your car when you are doing 45MPH sideways.
                        I hear that those racing shoes\thin souled shoes are good to use cuz you can feel the pedals more, plus they form to your feet so it's like driving with no shoes on at all.

Comment

• i got those race shoes from journeys the addidas goodyear ones kinds corny but work. I couldnt heal toe unless i was barefoot but with these i can almost as well as when im barefoot. As far as pedal feel i think it just comes down to what your used to if you drive in one pair of shoes youll be used to the pedal travel and feel in those . I think heel toe is the only thing they really help at least for me. And mental reasons to maybe, you do feel pretty legit in some racing kicks.Oh by the way there only eighty bucks which beats the hell out of the price of other racing shoes.
                          Last edited by 944drift; 03-17-2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankslapperauto
                            My background is more in road racing than drifting, but the equipment is the same. There is a guy that I race with has severe burn scars all over his feet from a wreck on track. To be blunt, it's just nasty looking, and you can clearly see where the skin grafts were done. The point being, racing shoes are fire proof, and THAT is what is important. Even though you don't drift at the same speeds that you road race, fire is still a concern that shouldn't be overlooked. You can get a good set of real racing shoes for $130, and if you don't wear them around the paddock and just save them for when you are in the car, they last a LONG time.

Matt
                            I agree. I am from a road racing background as well and when I went into drag racing I was STUNNED at the lack of fire safety.

Comment

ah, the chucks and pumps...classic shoes...OH, the dunks...takumi wears dunks in stage 2...bunta and him wear newbalance in 1...yes
                              I wear a 10 in new balance 574's.
                              Idon't know about you guys but my 574's are good drifting shoes.

Comment

• me too! i got 574's and they have good feel, also some reebok oldschool black mids have decent feel, way better than those puma driving shoees.

Comment

Working...
                                X