No announcement yet.

I think I figured it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might also check your tire pressure. That is something that never really gets covered much. Tire pressure is super important. When we teach stunt driving we jack the tire pressure up to keep the tire from flexing. Higher tire pressure also helps keep you from rolling the bead. It will slide easier with jacked up pressure. You can do it in the rear or front or both. Rear is what I do. I wouldn't recommend the front as you will be steering with that. But the rear is good. Try it and see what a difference it makes. We use stock cars in our instruction. You can be amazed at what you can do in a stock car when you jack that pressure up. I have done 360's, super sweet J-turns and boxed in 180's to land on camera marks in Buicks and never broke a sweat, bead or rim.

Comment

What kind of tires/pressures are you talking about? One question that comes with that is tire life and wear. Low pressures are not good cause of heat build up and wearing the outsides more. High pressures would wear the center and maybe explode as well. I've heard stories from a cousin of mine when he was working at tires plus about how many psi they put into some of the tires, think 80psi plus on normal tires, lol. But, I don't think it could be good for continuous driving. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Otherwise, yes, I'd agree tire pressure can change things a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X