No announcement yet.

Touge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... all a part of it... Unfortunately... The shot above was about 1200 worth of damage

Comment

i will try and post some pics of my friends civic's crash...there was this little embankment just before this hole in the ground surrounded by large boulders..his car hit the embankment, jumped into the air, and landed nose-first in the hole...his rear tires were like 6" in the air.....

Comment

Originally posted by new12drift
        ...1200 worth of damage
        You got robbed! Any paintless dent removal place could pop that out for $100 or less. I could have hammered i out for you for free...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
          I honestly think it's a moot point to try and compare cars because of the track factor. In the BMI videos the oversteering light car has the advantage, but on other courses a predictable powerful car may hold the upper hand.

I would definately say that the top few touge cars include FC and FD RX-7's, GDB Impreza or any Turbo Subaru, Mitsubishi EVO, EF-EK Civic/CRX, Integra Type R, Toyota MR2 (all of them), S13, 14 and 15, and Miata. IMO, suspension is much more key than power, especially on the downhill - if a car does have a lot of power then it certianly needs the suspension to match. My CRX has probably around 100 or 110 wheel but I can still beat cars with 280+ hp becuase I can carry more speed through the corners.
          you forgot the uber-hillclimb rabbit:

Three wheeling! hahahahaha.

lol that's stripped. I was kinda wondering about increased drag due to having no hood and whatnot, but then i realized....it's a RABBIT. It's shaped like a freakin brick hahahahaha. I bet he runs nice and cool though lol.

If there's something that makes you wonder if you should really be doing it, don't.
          -MR
          This is so true. I find when the little voice in my head goes "is this really smart...?", whatever i'm about to do usually isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
            I was kinda wondering about increased drag due to having no hood and whatnot
            Not to mention the uber-wide and sticky hoosier tires!

A friend and I had a golf that looked almost exactly like that, only with no doors at all. We gave it a funeral by rolling down a hill and crashing it into a tree at 30mph, then dumping it into the lake... Good times...

...oh yeah, as i was saying: nobody do anything stupid

-MR

Comment

yea, but from what I gather it screams up the hill. Not like this monster, though...

1.8T hillclimb rabbit. Greatest intercooler placement of all time, hahahahah.

I have a 16v motor waiting to go into a nice rabbit. Just gotta find a shell. It's going to be a terror on the hill, I just don't know who's going to be more scared...me driving it, or people who see me coming and can't believe some maniac is actually driving an old rabbit like that

Comment

That thing must be hell to turn - not only does the huge offset ruin the small scrub radius, but I'd imagine that there's no power steering in those things!

-MR

Comment

You got robbed! Any paintless dent removal place could pop that out for $100 or less. I could have hammered i out for you for free...

-MR
                  Mmmmm no. There's no way in hell that paintless dent removal could fix that. Look at the pictures again. There are 1 deep creases in the rear 1/4 panel. It's at least 4 inches in further in than it should be. Anyone that saw actually saw the damage firsthand would know what I'm talking about. THe picture that has my finger in the picture near the taillight shows the fender is 1.5 inches in from where it should be at the light assembly. It gets worse the further down the panel you go. Learn something about body work first and then comment

Comment

I dunno man - a lot of this new paintless stuff is pretty impressive...

I agree that it's hard to tell from the pictures, and usually things look a lot better on film. I do know a thing or two about body work, my dad used to work in a body shop and essentially showed me everything he knows. I've had to fix more than my share of dents the creases as well.

I'm glad you were able to get it fixed and didn't get hurt - that stuff sucks!

-MR

Comment

Fear

Thats one thing we all need to remember about this part of the "sport" im going to include drifting as well as just any kind of sport driving... its dangerous and you are responsibile for your self. And the number one most import rule we need to follow is do not put innocents in harms way.. Its one thing to kill your self, but to kill someone's wife or something is completely different. Thats my biggest fear when doing any kind of driving, Wether it be on the freeway or just leaving my neighborhood is that i will hurt someone else. Me getting hurt is just the risk i take when i get in a car. For any reason. But some kid playing in the street didnt ask to take any risk.

We all need to be careful when EVER we get behind the wheel of anything let alone a performance vehichle.

Comment

good point mate... While I can deal with occasionally dinging my car now and again while i'm learning, I couldn't deal with knowing my actions hurt someone else. Safety always has to be priority 1 when engaging in motorsports ESPECIALLY when any of it happens in an area where the potential exists for innocent people to be involved. This is a very serious business...

Comment

When in doubt, chicken out. If you aren't 100% sure, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                            When in doubt, chicken out. If you aren't 100% sure, don't do it.
                            Agreed.. i have even passed up drifting in completley safe areas because i didnt feel 100 percent that night. If i feel like something is wrong, or something is wrong with me, or the car. I wont go, simple as that.

Comment

That thing must be hell to turn - not only does the huge offset ruin the small scrub radius, but I'd imagine that there's no power steering in those things!

-MR
                              Yea, but you'd have so much traction it's unbelievable, and I guess that's the point when you have a 2,000 pound car with 200+ hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                                ...I guess that's the point when you have a 2,000 pound car with 200+ hp.
                                Like my CRX

well, 100 is close to 200, right? It will be WAY past the big deuce very soon, and weigh WAY less than 2k lbs as well (already under the 1900 mark)...

As for safety, I'm really REALLY glad that the mods haven't closed this thread down. I think the discussion of touge driving and the emphasis on safety is much better than no discussion at all. It's also a good to see respected members advocate a genuine concern for safety and safety for other people.

People often say that driving touge or street drifting teaches a driver boundaries and a respect for speed that one would not nescessarily learn on a track. I feel infinately more comfortable in the track having been in "worst case" secnarios on the street, and more confortable on the street having pushed the limits of my car in a safe environment on the track.

Thanks again!

-MR

Comment

Working...
                                X