high reving NA fc vs. a TII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high reving NA fc vs. a TII

i am in a lil perdicament (spelling) i want to make a streetable drift car and i have a atkins 13b rebuild stage 2 porting and 3mm's. i can turbo it (oem at first) then a t3/t4 or i can make it like a indy car all revs. what is your hypothosis. much apreshiated (spelling) the engine is out of the car and i am about to do the fuel rail and intake/dynamic chamber and i will need to replace it if i want to turbo it. i should of told you this earlier. gomen

The higher up your power band is the less streetable the car. And most amature drifters like a "streetable" power band for drifting and moutain running. However i will ask you this.. is there some reason you cant make the Turbo Engine rev like the NA engine?

Comment

well if yuo want to rev to x amnt of rpms, you need to make power that high, regardless if its NA or turbo. say 9000 rpms. you will need a nice race port to make na power that high but low-end will suffer. same for turbo. i say go turbo, its easier to kik out the rear end.

Comment

ok wheres the thing about rotories
        there are no cams to replace. there power depends on the size and shape of the ports on the motor.
        if you want a high winding motor your going to have to do some serous porting on an NA or Turbo 13B
        and sence there is no diffrence in the mass thats spinning between a NA and turbo(unless you have the new rotors out of an RX8) then it just depends on the CR of the rotors that are in the motor

BTW which rotors are in the motor now?

Comment

the equivalent of the renisis. light weight rotors with 3mm apex seals. and the problem with rotaries is that the cas can't keep up with the rotaries capabilities, as the 9600 rpm rev limitor. and when it gets up that high the spark plugs won't fire. and when the revs are that high the turbo won't be able to put the amount of boost to keep it going, so it will bog out. i am pretty new at this so everything i just said is what i experianced with my fc and my friends and to anwser another question its is quite massivly ported.

Comment

i am in a lil perdicament (spelling) i want to make a streetable drift car and i have a atkins 13b rebuild stage 2 porting and 3mm's. i can turbo it (oem at first) then a t3/t4 or i can make it like a indy car all revs.
            what series motor is this, S4 or S5?what else has been done internally? upgraded bearings, oil mods, e-shaft? all these need to be addressed if you're going to be revving 10k+rpms and that's if you're even power up there.

Comment

along with a decent porting job on the 5/6th port...
              are you running with a stock ECU or what , cause you might be running in to the rev limiter

Comment

i really feel like i am repeating my self. i was asking for everyones opinion on which would be a better drift car a high reving fc or a turbo fc. i noe everything i need to do to make it either one. i was just asking since everyone on this site lives in socal and so on which do you see more often a turbo or na. that is it. and my internals are stock except for the rotors and it is a gtr-13b not a gtx-13b. and yes my ecu is stock. please read through this thread and everything will be awnsered if not please ask again. lol

Comment

for a streetable drift car i'd go turbo, i'm know with a hi revving n/a things would be fun but just wouldn't be as easy drive on street.

Comment

i'd say go NA, only cuz i'm tired of seeing everyone and their mom get turbos. Not that turbos are bad or anything i just love people that get the same amount of power as a turbo yet they are NA, there is a certain sense of pride in that. On the other hand, this is your car and you can do anything you want with it but in my opinion try and be a little different!

Comment

Turbo would be easier.To rev higher requires internal work,are you willing to pay the price to play? I've heard of rotaries being spun upwards of 18,000RPM's in some cases.I guess you can pretend to be Michael Shumacher minus the sequential transmission.

Comment

No one should care about being different. I say go with the turbo. High-revving cars aren't that great unless you plan on doing road races on a track. Turbo cars usually have a more usable powerband, which is something you definitely need for a good drift car and a fun daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                          Turbo would be easier.To rev higher requires internal work,are you willing to pay the price to play? I've heard of rotaries being spun upwards of 18,000RPM's in some cases.I guess you can pretend to be Michael Shumacher minus the sequential transmission.
                          actually i heard that the lemans 4 rotor got banned because it was able to be spun at something close to 40,000 rpm's i dunno if that's true or not but if it is... wow, rotaries can be spun as fast as you want them to as long as you heat treat everything, cause if you don't blown apex seal, now to get on topic, i'd say go NA, you'll have a predictable powerband, whereas i've seen lots of rotaries with turbos that have trouble with when they spool, they sometimes kick in at different engine speeds, not good if you're trying to do precision manuvers such as drifting

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
                            actually i heard that the lemans 4 rotor got banned because it was able to be spun at something close to 40,000 rpm's i dunno if that's true or not but if it is... wow, rotaries can be spun as fast as you want them to as long as you heat treat everything, cause if you don't blown apex seal, now to get on topic, i'd say go NA, you'll have a predictable powerband, whereas i've seen lots of rotaries with turbos that have trouble with when they spool, they sometimes kick in at different engine speeds, not good if you're trying to do precision manuvers such as drifting
                            umm.. no the 787B Lemans car was banned due to the engine and not being able to really figure out the displacement of the motor. and redline on the r26b is more like 10k rpms.

Comment

If you know how to do either one then you shouldn't care how many people are running what. Do what you want to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X