944Porsche Drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryans
    Do you ever go on http://www.sromagazine.com ? This is my 944 drift car. Not only is a great drift car, but it's a very nice track car too. It's an 84. it only has 125hp, but it has a limited slip dif which helps a lot. It's hard to drive it slow. First thing to do is to change to Koni Yellow shocks. Get an upper strut bar and some good tires. That's pretty much all you need to get started.
    I saw you at Falken Drift Day. For some reason, someone told me your car had a 350SBC. How long does it take you to change the clutch?

Comment

yeah sure it could definantly be a good drifting car...i would much rather have a nissan s13 or s14 or s15 or a trueno but its my personal taste and style...but porsche is definantly a good drift car...go watch driftworks1 if you wanna see a sweet porsche drift! see ya.

Comment

Originally posted by AREITU
        I saw you at Falken Drift Day. For some reason, someone told me your car had a 350SBC. How long does it take you to change the clutch?
        I've had the clutch replaced once. I snapped the old one in half. $1600 later I had a new clutch installed. I decided to use the 944 as a drift car because it's different. Don't get me wrong, I love S13's, etc but just wanted to be different.

After going to Freedom Drift this weekend, It just reminded me how much I really like this car. Just like any other car, make sure it has limited slip.

Comment

Originally posted by ryans
          I've had the clutch replaced once. I snapped the old one in half. $1600 later I had a new clutch installed. I decided to use the 944 as a drift car because it's different. Don't get me wrong, I love S13's, etc but just wanted to be different.

After going to Freedom Drift this weekend, It just reminded me how much I really like this car. Just like any other car, make sure it has limited slip.
          my friend who helps out at his dad's porsche shop here in Riverside showed me the bottom end of a 944 engine. It's got an overengineered bottom end (which is good) and he pointed out to me why clutch jobs teh sux on the car...

What's the bolt pattern on the car? And sorry about the asnine questions, but how are the timing belt and water pump holding up to the...erm...spirited driving?

Comment

I believe the bolt pattern is 5x130. I just had the timing belt replaced a little while ago.

Comment

Ryan - Saw your car in the pictures from that NORcal event with the "Mobile Infantry" CRX's - it's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like it runs pretty darn well and that the guy at the helm knows what he's doing (at least somewhat ).

At any rate, the car is beautiful!

-MR

Comment

thanks for the props. I have to say I was very pleased with the way the car is setup. We recently redid my rear suspension and worked all day and night on it to get to a drift event at buttonwillow.

Everything was in but my suspension was set way too low. My rear tires were tucked about 2 inches below the rear fender wells. That day I could only grip, I couldn't do anything to get the tail to slide out. My brakes were a little mushy too.

After that event We went back to the garage and redid my suspension. On the street it felt good, but I wasn't sure how it would be on the track.

At this recent event at NCDA i was really impressed. The car handled great and after about 4 or 5 tries I was getting the drifting down pretty good. I've been thinking about getting some very costly suspension parts, but I think for now what I have is working pretty well. Here are pics from the NCDA from July 3rd.

http://www.sromagazine.com/events/th....php?album=214

Comment

Working...
                X