This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF drift, possible?

ive tried to drift in my 99 honda accord and once i break it loose i can keep the angle by using the e-brake but i loose too much speed, ive tried giving it just short bursts like shingo does from Initial D but I always cant keep my speed up to exit the corner at reasonable speed. Any ideas on how to do this??

More power or RWD

-MR

Comment

Indeed. You can see the problem with drifting a front wheel drive. Now its not undoable. May i sugest you work on initiating a drift with trail braking or some other technique, then using the hand brake only to prolong it?

Comment

wait so what would be a reasonable amount of power for fwd? still tryin 2 get my crx goin.

Comment

This thread should be closed, the same question has been asked several times before. (And discussed ad nauseum in the car mags and other forums)

Comment

Well, as already stated it IS possible, just not as much for show, and usually end up being slower then just taking the turn correctly for grip. My 90 civic LX drifted..well, as close as it could, under heavy braking and shifting the body weight, much the same as a RWD could, but it was simply due to the drums in back, they liked to lock up at the drop of a hat, and from there throttle to push the front end out, ebrake to get the back end out, and back and forth until you're either done and exiting, or wrapped yourself around a pole=) It was an auto, BTW, and whenever I would actually attempt this little trick I would plop her down into second to lock her there, and some brake pedal usage was needed to aid in over all speed control. It is MUCH easier to control in a RWD car, so while it may be fun to learn how to drift a FF car, I would save it until after you get a RWD, or if you already have a FF, go ahead, just be careful (well, that goes without saying I guess =P )

This is just how it worked for me, and while I didn't do monster drifts, or even look good doing it, it got the job done since alot of the time it was accidental in the first place. Crappy tires helped alot too, I'm sure. I kind of miss that car, R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
            X