Fastest Entering Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
    90-100mph is so fast I couldnt even imagine drifting that fast. I think it is enough to drive that fast. I dont think many people do entry speeds greater than 70mph. 52 seems pretty fast to me. The highest I have ever had is like 40-45mph.
    well, in D1GP they do 90mph. but i "tried" drifting in the hi 30's low 40's, in the residential area, cuz not alotta ppl there at night oh yea, and it is normal to feel like you're bein thrown out by the car when you corner right?

Comment

Hey ZD, check out the NOVA page under events and meets.

Comment

I don't know Soultron... and yeah I have a drifter chevette... I have a farm fully of cars. The chevettes got a cage in it, RCI buckets and 5pts and no interior. Only issue is the HORRID weight distribution (HELLO UNDERSTEER!), no noise insulation is something interesting too.

Comment

thrown out by the car? I'm not really sure what you mean by that. You may notice a decrease in grip and some sliding out. Drifting a corner is slightly slower than grip, so if you're maxing your grip speed, when your rear end slides out, you may start to go a little wide on a corner. Perhaps it's the feeling of a sudden loss of traction. Am I close? I'm just not sure if we're talking car behavior or what you feel inside the car or what. Clarify a little more if you can.

Comment

acutally it's a FWD car so. i dunno, anyway the force (or suspension) is so bad, it's like when you turn suddenly goin 40mph and jerk the steering wheel feeling. that didn't make sense, but it literally feels like you're getting thrown out the car. anyone know what i'm talking about?

Comment

this thread is still going?

Comment

most of the tracks that i've been at here in new zealand have very high speeds. i start at about 150km/h in 4th and feint with clutch kick to get it sliding, but some of the more confident drivers will do upwards of 150-160 in top of fourth gear and be able to get the wheels smoking. that's about 100-110mph for all you non-metric people i find it easier to drift the faster i go, its just a matter of what course you're running.

nz drift tracks http://d1nz.org.nz/WEBSITE/HTML/Track/track_frame.htm

d1nz
                www.d1nz.org.nz

Comment

I hear the faster you go, the easier it is to hold longer drifts...

Man I need to hurry and buy my Frikkin S13...

Matt.

Comment

wow, yall must have some fast roads.

everything round here is "approach in third gear" type corners.

Comment

Usually, when I practice in the good ol' abandoned Macy's parking lot, lolz, I tend to look at what RPM range and gear i'm in. My 1st gear can go up to 44 (70kph) at the red line and 2nd is usually up around 71 (114kph).

Comment

Working...
                      X