What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Iv'e got an idea. Let's see just how resourceful we are.
    Here is the budget: $3300. Let's say it was for a project drifter.
    Which car with what mods and most importantly why? I guess we can vote on it if you would like to get competitive.

Hmmm. . $3300 well im canadian so im goina go with canadian $$

Oh wait, I'm doing something like this right now ^_^ soooo... $3300 dollars, I think I can do this, so first, the car,
    1987-1988 S12 with the CA18ET engine. $1000can. comes with a really good LSD stock

Okay, so now $2300 dollars to go. two things have to be acomplished 1.) Increase pathetic engine power 2.) Get rid of instability in IRS (independant rear suspension)

So to solve the power problem, get the head off the CA18DE engine (1987 pulsar nx), and bolt it inplace of the old head, giving two cams instead of one.. Pulsar head goes for about 350$ from junkyard, so just port n polish by hand whle watching tv or something. also all the gaskets would be required for then head, 68$ and gasket glue n *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* timeing belt blah blah blah 100$

$2300
    -$450
    $1850

Okay, engine would put out 160-170, thats enough For now, maybe after suspension parts then go back to engine.

So problem 2, floaty IRS. Best way to fix this is with polyurethane bushings, would runa bout 200$ for cheap set, new swaybar to make things stiffer 235$ oof $$$ right there. and all round tokico gas shocks 400$ so.... $835 right there

$1850
    -$835
    $1015

hmmmmmmm $1050 to go.. Spend it on some decent used tires and a full mandrel bend exaust custom made usually pretty cheap

so there. thats what i would do

Comment

$3300
      cheap s13
      spend money to fix worn out parts
      vlsd

Comment

driving school, safety equipment, LSD, brakes, tires. That should be how your list is setup.

Comment

Working...
        X