No announcement yet.

FF Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys i got an 89 honda crx and the way i drift is buy going to Mcdonalds and get there trays alot of them then i put them under my rear wheel and pull the e brake tightly then i hit the gas before u know it ur going 25 or 30 and ur doing a drift with out ruining ur tires and it fun to i still got to practic but im getting the hand of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
      Nah the guy I know thats drifts good with FF uses a lot of throttle while sliding and high grip front tires. Thats how he pulls himself through the turn. Momentum can only take you so far, for a good exit you need to pull the car through the turn. The trick is to get the rears to keep sliding even while on throttle. When the rears re-grip the fun ends. I've seen him sliding with all 4 wheels smoking ...
      He knows what im sayin... Im not comin out of the corner dropin the clutch to smoke em, i just use the front tires to pull the car out of the drift and to stop the momentum... if i dont, then the back end wiggles wildy left to right from the tires re-griping in the rear.. so i let the front tires grab and pull the car out of the drift so the rears re-grip when im going straight and there is no tail wiggle.. then it looks better, easier on the car and its a little more controled.
      In a rear wheel drive you can get rid of the tail wiggle by leting out the throttle slowly but when the rears are either locked and sliding or griping in a FF car, you cant do that so we either have tail wiggle or have to pull ourselves out of the drift.. im not the only one in my city that is a FF drifter, i have a CRX , a Celica and a older accord in a little team..

Comment

who needs an e-brake on an ff!

do what i did, get a old stock light front drive with lousy tires. strip everything out of it which is mostly in the back . then go too fast around corners and the back end just comes out by itself, hardly any countersteer needed. when it starts to straighten out give it just a lil gas or it will waggle and possible cause a reverse drift. almost as easy to drift as my old rx3 wagon. alot easier than my dodge ram. but if you realy want to drift, get a fr, cant beat em for controll

Comment

I just bought a 2001 mitsu eclipse gt im planning on putting the old 98 computer in it and a turbo, exaust system that "stuff" but anyway i just wanted to know it anybody has seen people drift stuff like that

Comment

i used to mess around sliding in a neon. what is funny though is it made me better in my s13. it was not stock really. it had kyb struts, lowering springs, suspension techniques sway bars, prothane bushings, strut tower braces, an LSD and a few other things. but to get it to slide well i would disconnect the front sway bar and tighten the rear strut tower brace. when going into the corner i would down shift and then intiate the slide with the sidebrake and modulate through the corner with throttle and side brake inputs. it was fun and all but does not allow for the control that a properly set up RWD does. Plus it was a neon...lol
            just incase someone feels like laughing heres a very old picture

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=484488

btw the 240 on the third page was my old one--nice huh--lol-when drifts go bad i guess
            Last edited by grift; 02-11-2005, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I had an old 90 civic dx (trans went out is in my ex now [it had a blown engine])
              the dx was auto but i still could get it around corners
              i would find the inside banked ones and steer away then hard into the bank whilst pulling my e-brake. the first time i did it i blew it and went back and for maybe 3 times b4 i got contorl.
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761099
              that's my 91 ex, and my '90 dx and the crap i had to put up with.
              i wish i had friends who could get pics of me driving, but i work from 3 til midnight, and can only do my cruisin when everyones asleep.

By the way GT a good place in utah is Logan canyons. My bro lives up there so i've been up and've driven it a few times. (not the canyon going into logan, there is another couple, you'd have to find which one you like most)
              Its got few guard-rails tho so be careful.

Comment

check out the newest honda tuning it's got the Falken EF Civic on the cover, driven by Keisuke Hatakeyama. He says rear tires with 35 psi. rear wheels toe-out. soft rear shocks with hard springs (he has Tein). He also has bigger front wheels than rear. I think they are 15" or 14" in the front and 13" in the rear. He also says not to tune your e-brake. He started by using his e-brake and a lot and now says he rarely uses it. He also says the EF civic is the best FF drift car. He says the crx is twitchy and the integra has a tendency to stay sideways once it starts drifting, and is hard to swing back. He was also in an issue of import racer but i dont have that one.

Comment

EF hatch at Sekia Hills.
                  Attached Files

Comment

that is one sweet EF. Whose is it? any specs?

Comment

i have no idea, my friend sent it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinsanity
                        I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with enough "courage" to admit drifting a FWD car.

anyone care to comment?
                        thanks
                        ~raises Hand~
                        Rite here, I have Drifted an FWD. All without using a Hand\E-brake.

Comment

To me drifting is high angled throttle steer, when i see an FF do that- ill be glad to admit to FF drifting.

Comment

The black EF Civic above is the Falken car before they purchased it. The original color was white, then painted black and now it carries the Falken Tire Motorsport colors.

Comment

FF drifting huh?....hmmmm.... I use it in my FF Starlet to increase exit speed. but it not enough slide to use counter steer. snap into a turn and zero counter steer and exit speed it faster. so i dont know if that is considered "drifting" since drifting on the professional level means a 4-wheel drift *NOT a AWD drift thats different*. Plus FR's can get sideways in a straight long before the turn in point.

Comment

Hatakeyama Rules!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X