Weak Control Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Control Arms

My boy got an s13 wit sr20det and we was out drifting tha other night and we were in there S-turns sideways and he whipped it back and let off tha gas 4 sum reason(why i do not know)but anyways it whipped back and he hit tha curb.Hard. Maybe it was cause he was high i dont know but it broke tha lower control arm.All tha suspension *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is weak on 240s. It was fun though. But i just wanted 2 know if anybody knows where u can get a fire extinguisher that sprays c02 cause i seen sumbody spray it on intercoolers.Let me know

Your post is a little goofy but anyways. It would be odd to expect an arm to not get bent or broken from a "hard" hit to the curb. This is especially true with cars with big rims and low profile tires, like what's probably on your 240sx. The rim will transfer the force directly to the suspension. A hard hit will both wreck the rim and the suspension. My bro did this to is Protege 5 last winter. He went around a corner, had less traction than he expected and slide righ into the curb. He heard and nice, loud "clang" and bent an arm and both the rims on that side. I guess the force transfered to the suspension components depends on the rims used. Stronger rims won't give as much, and more force will be put on the suspension. A weaker rim may bend a lot more and help prevent suspension damage. The same goes for a lower diameter rim/higher profile tire setup. The tires will instead take a lot if not all of the force and save both your rims and suspension. An example would be trucks. The preventative measure is something you sacrifice for performance and looks when you go to large rims and low profile tires.

Comment

Hit immobile objects at speed and stuff breaks on ANY car.

If you let your friends drive/drift when they're high, you're a very poor friend.

Go to designengineering.com.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        Hit immobile objects at speed and stuff breaks on ANY car.

If you let your friends drive/drift when they're high, you're a very poor friend.

Go to designengineering.com.
        all i gotta say is word

Comment

Man, it's his car

Comment

But thanks for that link, imma have to show him that

Comment

You want the suspension peices to bend or break. They take the impact forces away from you and your car. If they didnt bend, you will be flown around in your car harder and your car's frame will take more of the impact. Its cheeper to replace the suspension peices then to replace your body or your car's main frame structures.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

u also might want to check

u might want to check te steering rack if he hit the front u may need to replace that if it was damaged my buddy hit the curb abd its cracked the steering rack so when he went to get the car aligned the wheel would correspond with the tiresmeaning the wheel was striaght but the car went left a hair so besure to check eveything.. motor,suspesion,steering,fluid resvoriors so on and so forth.. hope i helped! by the way slap ur self for letting your friend drive let anlone drift high!

Riley

Comment

Alex, very good point. The control arms and other suspension pieces undergo engineered failure tests to make sure they die for the greater good, i.e. saving the frame and the car's occupants.

Comment

Working...
                  X