tandom drifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandom drifts

yes again another question on my quest to become better.

well parking lot drifting has gotten kinda boring.... tackling the same turns over and over.... it tends to lose its fun.... well i desided to go out with a friend at the lot... fun was had... untill we got 3 cars wide.... great time, brought the adrelin back... anways i was just woundering it their were any RULES to tandom, any things "not to do". any advice on this would be greatly appreated.

dont hit each other

Comment

dont screw up

dont get cocky

dont get over confident

dont loose concentration

dont drink

dont be an idiot

dont mess up

dont *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up

dont crash

dont hit

dont get caught

dont endanger pedestrians

Comment

Make sure everyone knows that what they're doing is dangerous, and that contact may happen. If need be, make up an agreement stating what will be done in the event of a damaging impact between two cars. It's always good not to let some dents screw up friendships.

Comment

Re: tandom drifts

Originally posted by Spazum888
          [B]yes again another question on my quest to become better.

well parking lot drifting has gotten kinda boring.... tackling the same turns over and over.... it tends to lose its fun....
          have u tried it backwards? :P

Comment

i dont know at all from experience but i think that it would be a good idea to know your partner's style over the certain area you are covering...for example, they may take a certain corner much slower than you but you are going all balls in order to get as close as possible and you accidentally force the side of you friends car to swallow your front end...i dont know about you but i wouldnt even enjoy that.

Comment

ya this is just a simple turn... i know my one friend goes in kinda quick but then doesnt really carry much speed through the turn.... so i know to go in fast with him and just keep the drift... nothing really but...

what i meant was any kinda of un-written rules... such as spin outs, accidental touching of cars, do you just pay for your damage?

i know the basic rules... its how close you get, how much pressure, not messing up, line, speed... i was just asking about the other rules

Comment

i say if you guys are tandem and smack each other you should rebuild your own car.. or leave it as battle scars.. the risk is there i'm sure you guys knew about it before you did it.. so i wouldnt expect someone else to fix my car and i hope they dont expect me to fix theirs

Comment

Basically I'd say that the main un-written rule is that if you're both into it, you are aware of the risks and will have to cover any damage on your own car. No matter who causes it. Then, if it's your fault, do whatever you can to help your friend fix his car. You do not have to pay him in monet, but you should help him do the repairs if you can. Even if all you can do is making him coffe in the middle of the night when he's underneath his car fixing the damage. Be a friend and support eacother. Damage will happen, so everybody must accept this, even after the damage is done...

Having said that, tandem is not that dangerous if you're good. If you're not, you shouldn't do it... The thing is, the closer you are to the car in front, the bigger the risk. However, if you're close, you will not hit him that hard as you both carry about the same speed...

Comment

Coordinate!

Discuss when and where you and the other person will initiate the drift. Knowing where's your braking point and his will make a good side by side drifting.

Coordinate!
                    Coordinate!
                    Coordinate!

Just like rally, they have phase notes

Comment

one word of advice. Dont drink and drift

Comment

Originally posted by santi
                        i say if you guys are tandem and smack each other you should rebuild your own car.. or leave it as battle scars.. the risk is there i'm sure you guys knew about it before you did it.. so i wouldnt expect someone else to fix my car and i hope they dont expect me to fix theirs
                        X2..

Matt.

Comment

Re: Re: tandom drifts

Originally posted by djnarush
                          have u tried it backwards? :P
                          I have...In a FF...

Comment

"Real Drifters love the juice!@!@!"

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                              Coordinate!

Discuss when and where you and the other person will initiate the drift. Knowing where's your braking point and his will make a good side by side drifting.

Coordinate!
                              Coordinate!
                              Coordinate!

Just like rally, they have phase notes
                              Pace notes.....not phase notes--I know it is hard to understand the european accents sometimes so it is understandable.

Also known as Stage notes at most rallys here in the US---the difference being that you prepar your own PACE notes while STAGE notes are prepared for you by the rally organizers and a Jaemba (spelling?) computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X