drift tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift tires

what tires are you running when you drift at a track??? i drifted yesterday at firebird and my bridgestone potenzas chunked away not a good thing in the front what are you guys running?

I've been running Kuhmo 712's on the fronts of my 17's and Potenza RE730's on the fronts of my 16's. I prefer the RE730's over the 712's, they just feel better to me (but it could be the different size, not the brand/type). A lot of different people have tried a lot of different tires on the fronts, but its rare to find someone that has tried a bunch of different same sized new good tires. And even if you did get an answer from that person it might not apply to you since you might have different preferances. I say just keep trying different brand/types untill you find one you're happy with. But if your current set is chunking then it sounds like a heat problem, not so much a junk tire. What tire PSI were you running? Any weird tread wear? Also, were you drifting non-stop? Cuz sometimes its a good idea to take a cool down lap.

Comment

I read somewhere that harder compounds tend to chunk more. You may want to look for something with a little softer compound.

I can't say much about high performance tires in general as I have never owned a vehicle with a tire aspect ratio shorter than 70 and wheel size greater than 15" (yes, you can feel sorry for me, lol)

www.tirerack.com has some good user reviews on tires in general. As well, some searching on the internet may find you some good articles about racing and tires. It's worth a shot if you have some time for research, might learn something too.

Anyways, hope others can give you more options on what to use. Oh, gotta say "Search" button, there have been some recent posts on tires. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, just had to bring up the compound thing for you to think about.

Comment

i like my 225 es100s on my 16x8 rims. But ive dabled w/ 245s in the rear and ofcourse i spin em more w/ the 225s. I guess i have to play around more w/ tires.

Comment

I've tried those ES100's on the rear. 225's on 16x8's too. That setup was great! Just wish I could find more of those gems in the used bins ... dont come across them too often.

Comment

if you go to the thread US Drift Coverage - Phoenix, AZ - *PIX* go to the link all the way on the bottom and then scroll over to the far right you will see my tire that i was talking about also the 4th pic from the end is me in the marron 180 with the black hood and roof

Comment

Working...
            X