240s Need Foot Room!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240s Need Foot Room!

Anyone have a similar problem? Going to shift u would hit the brake with the same foot as the clutch, and braking u'd hit the accellerator at the same time.

I took the stock pedal covers off of the 2Feezie and replaced them with skateboard tape. My problem is when learning to Heel/Toe when i downshift i run into a block and my right foot just basically takes up the entire space not leaving me enough room to rotate my heel to hit the throttle. I've tried adapting the technique to do a big toe/pinky toe technique but i still dont have enough room. Hell i only wear 12.5 adidas shelltoes, i'm not that big. I considered gutting the carpet out which is what i'll have to end up doing. While i was down there i noticed a little black block behind the accelerator pedal and wondered if it would be smart to take that off as well. I'm kind've against that idea, and i'm not sure i want to gut the carpet out because of the heater/AC. A razor knife would take care of the AC delima. But i hate going into things blind...

I dunno, if someone else has these similar experiences please enlighten me on how to fix these annoying difficulties

Not sure about your 240, but in my MR2 I don't have enough room to heel-toe either. The pedals are so close though, that I just use my left side of the ball of my foot to brake and the ride side to blip.

Comment

Re: 240s Need Foot Room!

Originally posted by OH240SE
      Anyone have a similar problem? Going to shift u would hit the brake with the same foot as the clutch, and braking u'd hit the accellerator at the same time.

I took the stock pedal covers off of the 2Feezie and replaced them with skateboard tape. My problem is when learning to Heel/Toe when i downshift i run into a block and my right foot just basically takes up the entire space not leaving me enough room to rotate my heel to hit the throttle. I've tried adapting the technique to do a big toe/pinky toe technique but i still dont have enough room. Hell i only wear 12.5 adidas shelltoes, i'm not that big. I considered gutting the carpet out which is what i'll have to end up doing. While i was down there i noticed a little black block behind the accelerator pedal and wondered if it would be smart to take that off as well. I'm kind've against that idea, and i'm not sure i want to gut the carpet out because of the heater/AC. A razor knife would take care of the AC delima. But i hate going into things blind...

I dunno, if someone else has these similar experiences please enlighten me on how to fix these annoying difficulties

Cut the carpet man. I were 10's and have the same problem. The other problem is for some reason the 240sx gas pedel is lower than the brake pedel were as the s13 gas pedel is even.

You just have to keep practicing and make due, I heel toe in Timberland boots and rarely have problems now.

Comment

I wear size 12 I have no problems. Gutted car, bare metal pedals. I never had a problem when I had Razo Ti pedals that are kinda big. What kind of 240 you have s13, s14, not that it reall matters they both have about a 5.5 in to 6 in space to stick your foot into and not hit another pedal... seems to me like you just need to work on foot accuracy.

Comment

i wear size elevens, and i had that prob, but you just need to move your seat back a bit, it worked for me.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an oldish thread but I figured if you are resting your heels on the ground while driving that is a no no and could posibly be your problem. Ofcorse if you are just driving around town you would need some major leg strength to pull that off but for performance driving no heel on the floor,

Comment

You could try bending your gas pedal towards the brake. I did that in my Miata and now instead of having to do an awkward heel-toe (my heel would hit the transmission tunnel), I do more of a side to side rock like mentioned above.

Be careful though, if someone drives it that is unaware, you can hit the brake and gas at the same time, which would be scary.

Comment

Thanks again for the info fellas, its gonna take some getting used to

Comment

i got no problem doing the heel and toe, but then again i only wear like 9 and a halfs

Comment

when ur heel toeing try placing ur foot higher on the brake so u can swivel ur foot on the gas better....

Comment

i did have the same problem in my supra, i thought the footing area was too small cuz my heel was hitting the carpet to the right of the gas pedal, then i noticed i was doing the same thing in my accord... but know i can do it fine in both cars cuz i brake with the left-center of my foot and "blip" perfectly.. it just takes practice i think..

Comment

I just got the hang of heel-toe yesterday myself. The first few times I tried it I found I couldn't rotate my foot properly because my heel would hit the wall beside the gas pedal. To remedy this I first pushed my seat back a bit. I'm 6'0" so I pushed it back so that my upper legs sit almost parallel on top of the arse cushion when my legs are in normal driving position (right foot resting on the gas and left foot on the kick panel). Then I place my foot on the brake pedal so that it's more towards the middle (the arch) of my foot. This gives my heel enough space to rotate and blip the throttle.

Now I can heel-toe quite efficiently during normal driving. I use it almost all the time now. And it's a lot easier to learn than you think. Just watching the shots of Keichii Tuschiya in the Drift Bible is so helpful. It helps you establish a rythmn; which makes all the difference.

B-Wurm

Comment

ok . Im coming back to the states and heard that the pedals from the 180sx and the 240sx are different... the gas and brake pedal.. i can't remember witch one I need to take from the 180... wich one helps bring the pedals closer? My little size 8 feet fit perfectly side by side (im a girl), one on the clutch and one on the brake, I don't have to move my heel much at all to heel toe. so what pedal do i need to bring back with me? Thanks.

Comment

the 240sx pedals are close enough. I don't think you would need to replace any pedal. The car is a sports car, and the pedals are situated like they are for "driving" purposes. lower gas pedal than brake, gas and brake close to each other, etc.

Once you learn how to sit correctly, you'll appreciate it.

Comment

Well....

I guess us guys w/ larger feet have to instep/heel or (foot-palm to heel)

Comment

Working...
                              X