No announcement yet.

Road Atlanta is damn Fun, and SCARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to meet up with you guys and hang. But, I'd be driving my DD ,a mitsu eclipse. My FC is down cause I blew a couple shocks a little while ago so I just decided to get rid of the suspension I got and move to a real coilover setup. I think I could get my buddy to bring his 350Z track edition out, he wants to get into drifting so bad but doesn't know much about it yet.

Comment

I'm not too big on drifting on the street and have only hit secluded parking lots/loading dock type areas on rare occaisons. I know it's tough to find official venue to run (that's why I do things like drive 12 hours to Pittsburgh), but there is a lot to lose. I'd be more prone to ride a long, or just follow/observe. I might bust it out if we found a particularly safe area.

Getting to an autox will do a lot to improve your skills and is still fun. Even if you're not allowed to get sideways on purpous, just learning how to drive quick and smooth builds the foundation for drifting. If you are in ATL, go to www.atl-scca.org and see the Solo2 section. They're inbetween seasons right now, but there will be an event before long.
      Last edited by foilman; 12-14-2003, 12:14 PM.

Comment

ok well if anyone wants to go out for sure and run some parkin lot damage,and live in atl let me know cause i am always up to go.maybe this week,i live in savannah but will drive up.i probobaly will try to make it out to some events for sure in autox.

Comment

That's pretty sweet you got to get out to RA to go drifting. First time I went there was for the Petit Le Mans, and it was insane, and I was always curious as to where the ATL drifters go. I'm new to the drift game, but I definately want to come check out some action if anyone is planning to go there again.

Comment

when will this road atl let people drft , do u just go and tell them or what. And how much?

Comment

Originally posted by nrgdrft
              when will this road atl let people drft , do u just go and tell them or what. And how much?
              read my earlier posts in this thread

-T
              Last edited by foilman; 12-28-2003, 11:24 PM.

Comment

sounds like it was alot of fun

Comment

Working...
                X