automatic drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic drifting

how would i be able to drift an automatic, huge, v8, car? what would i need to do to get it sideways and keep it there?

lots of low end torque and a quick hand on the e-brake

Comment

do a search.

Comment

possible give more info I assume its FR right?

Comment

of course its fr, its a 1987 ltd crown victoria to be exact, 5.0 engine, very heavy, but has some power, i've heard it has some potential but i dunno, maybe i will even try to convert to manual somehow, i'll find something to do.....and i guess i'll search up on auto drifting as well

Comment

Yeah sorry, not trying to be a ahole but I've got some pretty big posts on drifting with Automatics. Search will give you the answers. Good luck!!!

Comment

not my car but my uncles car slides like mad with out slick hehe fun

351 stroked to 377
              big *Censored**Censored**Censored* cam
              850 holley
              four spd auto wid B&M megashifter and stage three shift kit
              big *Censored**Censored**Censored* diff
              quater mile in 11.52
              Attached Files

Comment

last pic before i get told to piss off seeing it anit a jap car (plus haven't got photos of it sliding around corners, i got vision of it power out drifting but no pics)
                the engine before the 850 holley (650 holley in the pic)
                Attached Files

Comment

its pretty easy to drift with an automatic. I have a 93 5.0 that i use and its an automatic. What i do is right when i'm getting towards the corner i steer away then jurk it back towards the corner and floor it so that my rear wheels slip then as they slip conlroll the slide and you got it. It will take some practice but you'll get it

Comment

are you guys serious?

you can't even dissengage the tranny to effectively use the e-brake.

Comment

Yeah you're right. E-brake is definately less effective for us automatic guys. I have always had a hard time locking it to extend the slides. But it dosnt matter anymore anyway, my E-brake broke a long time ago and I no longer use it. You gotta use other techniques to kick it out and hold it out. I really wish I could lock the rears and hold a long slide, especially downhill. I like to initiate super early and hold it, but for the most part I power through every turn so I dont initiate as early (since its harder to extend).

Comment

Originally posted by S13/R32
                        not my car but my uncles car slides like mad with out slick hehe fun

351 stroked to 377
                        big *Censored**Censored**Censored* cam
                        850 holley
                        four spd auto wid B&M megashifter and stage three shift kit
                        big *Censored**Censored**Censored* diff
                        quater mile in 11.52
                        wow a drag car that must drift great.

i am willing to bet you 5$ it has no rear sway bar for launching purposes.

power=/=drift car.

Comment

Originally posted by superchargedXR7
                          lots of low end torque
                          maybe at 30mph.

Comment

wieght transfer. punching hte gas giogn 60mph and lighting up the crappy rear tires you put on =/= drifting

not trying to be rude. but drifting an auto is nothing different than drifting a stick. oh wait you cant clutckick?!? who cares? cluchkicking isnt required to drift. neither is a manual transmission.

go to a drift event, learn to drift and youll see what inm talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                              wow a drag car that must drift great.

i am willing to bet you 5$ it has no rear sway bar for launching purposes.
                              For launching, drag cars with solid rear axles have no front bar. Do your homework, Mike.

The key to locking the rears with an auto is a strong e-brake. I have a hydraulic e-brake in the auto-equiped El Camino which, when it's working properly, locks the rears without a problem. I've driven a couple 3rd-gen Camaros before, and their cable e-brakes are a joke. They have to be yanked pretty hard just to keep the car from rolling down a typical driveway.

Comment

Working...
                              X