rain is fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain is fun

I went out last night, it was coming down pretty hard all night.
    I did'nt hit the canyons, just a few lots and my personal favorite, a roundabout.(is that one word?)

Last time I went out in the rain I pushed a little hard on a left and ended up too sideways, then over-corrected, and it spun back the other way and I slid within a foot or two of a telephone pole. I took it easy this time.

Becareful out there, I do not condone street drifting, but I do love it.

the rain is alot of fun, everything seems like its in slow motion. So easy to get sideways.

Comment

rain is good and fun, but i don't advocate street drifting, (only under very specific conditions) you can have some fun but you can also have a bad experience, trust me...

Comment

rain make wet, i like

Comment

Re: rain is fun

Originally posted by shmately350z
          I went out last night, it was coming down pretty hard all night.
          I did'nt hit the canyons, just a few lots and my personal favorite, a roundabout.(is that one word?)

Last time I went out in the rain I pushed a little hard on a left and ended up too sideways, then over-corrected, and it spun back the other way and I slid within a foot or two of a telephone pole. I took it easy this time.

Becareful out there, I do not condone street drifting, but I do love it.

"roundabout" is one word, but "Becareful" is two seperate words...

anyways, keep up the practice you will definantly benifit from it

-J. Mann

Comment

My car is heavy ... slides long time .... hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
              the rain is alot of fun, everything seems like its in slow motion. So easy to get sideways.

Yes but drifting in the dry is more cooler coz you can leave smoke pouring out from the rear tyres. AAIGHT

Note camaro picture above this reply.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                My car is heavy ... slides long time .... hehehe
                hahaha CH last time I had the camaro out in the rain I turned around in a BMW dealership's parking lot and spun all the way through first and second and partway through third in front of the salesman while pulling out. I was also cracking some pretty wide slides around the medians and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the parking lot at work lol.

I missed the snow the other day, there was an inch or so of accumulation and the roads were pretty well covered. I was so close to getting up at 4:45 in the morning to go driving, lol. Rain is slick, but snow is like grease on the road. I've been known to take the Volvo wagon out and beat on it during storms hahahaha.
                Last edited by Parry; 11-16-2004, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Less tire damage in the rain, but harder to control. The margin for error in the wet is much smaller then that in the dry.

Comment

Yeah, I got a 97 Maxima and that thing is a damn boat, rain is the only time i can get it sideways w/o messin w/ the hand brake.

Comment

Actually, people who have been drifting for a while, don't really like rain. I don't either. I prefer to come 3rd gear 5500 revs into a corner and clutch that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and then pull out tons of smoke and a hish angle. But rain is fun in the mountains with stock 240's or hachis.

Jeez that Initial D is driving me crazy

Comment

i love the rail. saves tires. it also keeps all the normal people inside and off the street, out of the mountians. also covers the sound of your engine revving and tires spinning. well so ive heard. just be carful and watch out for the curbs and hidden potholes. oh and if its cold the rain turns into snow and then the roads get REAL INTERESTING.

Comment

I dunno man, I've been drifting for a while and I always hope it rains. I actually prefer it when it rains, lotsa fun. Its true that the speeds usually get slower, but its still just as much fun to me. The slides can be so much longer, the tires last forever, and crash damage is usually not as bad since the speeds were slower. Our track is in a very dry part of the island so rain on the track is very rare. Maybe once or twice a year. I've seen guys connect turns in the rain that nobody can connect when its dry. Like exit the off camber and immediately start sliding for the sweeper. Guess you gotta be there to really appreciate that slide. Same thing on the street, way more fun. Slides longer, tires last longer, and damage not as bad (if it does happen). The best part, the cops dont come. Cops hate rain. Hahaha. I'm like Parry, I also like to goto car dealerships (Ford dealerships since I drive Chevy) and bust donuts and stuff hahaha. The Ford guy get all mad but the guys at the Chevy dealerships love it. LOL

Comment

home depot guys love it when i spin around the parking lot.

Comment

i like brakeing them loose while travaling down a straight and just leting the rear wiggle its such a cool feeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X