• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/27/04 BeaveRun - HUGE DGTRIALS EVENT

You are not misreading this.

You are not hallucinating.

We must be taking crack, because this is gonna be WACK

March 27th, 2004 will see DGTrials host the East Coast's BIGGEST drifting extravaganza at BeaveRun Motorsports complex near Pittsburgh PA (www.beaverun.com). We are pulling out all the stops and going totally broke to bring you this one humongous event. Are you ready? Cuz the fun won't stop!

We will be using portions of the Wilson Circuit for karts -- it is a tight and extremely technical course with NOTHING to crash into. Mostly 2nd gear stuff, it's a very good place to learn what you're doing.

------------------------------------------------------
    We will have:
    Professional Drift Exhibition -- We are working round the clock to try to rustle up a large number of Japanese pros and manufacturer teams to attend this event. We plan on having several sessions throughout the day for these guys to show their stuff, and I am sure they won't dissapoint!

Drifting Practice Sessions -- We are having open practice sessions all day for preregistered drivers. There will be several classes to encompass participants of all skill levels from beginner to advanced! We are trying to get approved for insurance that will allow advanced drifters only to run tandem and simultaneously!

Beginner Instruction -- We will bring out some of our Aces and vet instructors from our DGTrials clinics to offer instruction to beginners! Now you really have no reason to be bashful about coming out! Even if you've never drifted before you won't leave this event without learning something!

BICYCLE DRIFT CONTEST

YOU READ IT RIGHT. BIKE DRIFTING CONTEST. If you couldn't get enough drifting in your car, or you're not comfortable in those confined spaces, enter into our bike drifting contest!
    CASH PURSE
    $100 for first place!
    $50 for second place!
    $25 for third place!

All contestants are required to wear a skate-style bicycle helmet (a-la Protec) and are strongly encouraged to wear a motorcycle helmet! In addition all contestants must wear knee and elbow protection!

MEGA ULTRA SUPER-DUPER RAFFLE
    We have really pooped the bed or something, because we're out of control! How about an amazing raffle with amazing prizes!
    5 sets of sport tires!
    5 sets of Daiyama lugnuts!
    One set of Daiyama coilovers!
    T-Shirts! Stickers! Window banners! Swedish hookers*!

Can you believe it!?! Make sure you get your raffle ticket at the gate! Raffle tickets are included in the price of admission!

*No Swedish hookers will actually be awarded as raffle prizes. One ticket per customer or event participant, distributed at the entrance gate. Make sure to put the other half of your ticket in the lockbox at the gate!
    ---------------------------------------

This event will, of course, be put on by the lovable, huggable, and snuggly DGTrials staff who you have come to know and love. The wonderful and friendly Beaver Run security and staff will also be there to help make sure we all have an awesome (and SUPER SAFE) time!

More activities will be added constantly!

Here's the specifics!

March 27, 2004

BeaveRun Motorsports Complex near Pittsburgh, PA 8AM until Sundown

PreRegistration for practice sessions - $100 in advance

Gate Registration for practice - $125

Spectators/Guests/Pit Crew/Family/Friends/Lovers/Partners - $15 at gate

Fun - Free

Excitement - Free

Broken cars - DIY

Crying - punishable by death

Camping is allowed for COMPETITORS ONLY at a cost of $10/head/night

If you don't come, you are a complete and total loser!

REGISTER NOW because we can only accept 100 drivers for this event! This will assure everyone has a maximum of track time! Preregistration can be accepted by Paypal. Send paypal payments to sales@dgtrials.com For other forms of payment please email sales@dgtrials.com with your questions

PREREGISTRATION CLOSES ON MARCH 19TH AT 12:00PM EST
    There will be no exceptions. Gate registration will close TWENTY MINUTES before the driver's meeting. No drivers will be allowed to register after this point. There is plenty plenty plenty of time to secure your spot at this event, so please do not delay. Day schedules will be posted as soon as they are available.

HOTEL INFORMATION
    Comfort Inn
    1740 New Butler Road
    New Castle, PA 16101
    724-658-7700

Mention that you are with DGTrials and book the dates you like. Current rates are $52 per night plus tax. This room includes 2 double beds - an occupancy of 4 people max per room. There are rooms with sofas available for $12 more per room, which would
    accomodate 6 people.

Current event sponsors:
    DGTrials
    AutoPower
    Active Traction Service (ATS differentials, clutches, and gearsets)
    Daiyama (coilovers and lugs)
    SilkRoad (coilovers and misc suspension)

Be sure to spread the word of this event! Also be sure to always check back for updates to the schedule and activities! You never know what we might spring next!

Count me out. No actual hookers killed it for me. Plus they pooped the bed. I'm not staying there.

Comment

YES!
      I'll be there!
      ROCK ROCK ROCK!
      .....I mean uh,

cool, see you there.

Comment

You'll have to excuse me for being a naysayer, but as often happens people make big plans and then they have to cancel out or they run out of cash. I mean nothing against DGTrials or anything but I need more info before I'll commit.

Comment

Thank you naysayer.
          Now please move along.

I don't live in Japan or California, so I'm hoping for the best here.

Comment

re:

sounds tight i might make it out there...you got PM

Comment

this is the closest it'll prolly ever get to Ohio so I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by baboon's a$$
                You'll have to excuse me for being a naysayer, but as often happens people make big plans and then they have to cancel out or they run out of cash. I mean nothing against DGTrials or anything but I need more info before I'll commit.
                Dude no doubt. It is ok. I will give you some background info on what DGTrials has run this past season.

9 Monthly drift events in NJ @ Englishtown Raceway park, one was judged by Signal Auto as a surprise. They were there to put on an exhibition.

1 Drift Shootout judged by Signal Auto. This was a prize paying event with 40 drivers shooting it out for cash prizes.

1 Drift Clinic - An 8 hour day of drifting with lunch and as many runs as the drivers and cars could handle. The class was kept to 15 drivers to get a maximum amount of seat time with the instructors.

We have 9 monthly events for NJ already set up and in place.

We have 3 Lake Erie Drift Riots set for next season, one of which may be an event similar to the BeaveRun festival.

The event above BeaveRun!

I myself am trying to help them get an event or two going in Florida so I can drive down and drift with the people I know online from there. One of the staff relocated to the Miami area.

Here are some pictures from the events:

This is BeaveRun from last year:

Englishtown Raceway Park:

Comment

looks like you guys aren't BSin around. Looks like I might have to make a trip out there in March. Damn....now I gotta get my car back together ARGH. Well if I can't do that at least I can hop on a plane and come up there.

Comment

Originally posted by baboon's a$$
                    looks like you guys aren't BSin around. Looks like I might have to make a trip out there in March. Damn....now I gotta get my car back together ARGH. Well if I can't do that at least I can hop on a plane and come up there.
                    Yeah dude. We have a lot of fun. If you don't have a car rent a bike and a helmet and drift around the course!

Comment

maybe I'll get a rental car and drift it. Just gotta make sure I get the optional insurance first.

Comment

Take a cue from the ESPN DUDE. Shhhhhhhhh

Comment

Any news about this event?

hmmm...
                          I can't seem to get the website to load...
                          what may have happened here?

Oh yeah, i forgot. I'm never going to get any
                          supervised drift training.
                          oh well.

Comment

DGT is real and the event is going down. I will be there for sure.

Comment

the site is www.dgtrials.com and has been up.

Thanks for the voucher Mike this event should be a blast!

Comment

Working...
                              X