Central Florida drift event 18th of Dec. in Lakeland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida drift event 18th of Dec. in Lakeland

Were having an drifting event at the Lakeland Intl speedway in Lakeland, Florida on the 18th of december. Here are the specs. If anyone has any questions, I can be e-mailed at megustadrift@aol.com.

$40.00 Drivers (advance registration – 40 driver maximum)
    $80.00 Drivers (on day of event)
    $5.00 Spectators

1. Check-in/Tech Inspection: 7:30AM – 8:30AM
    2. Drivers’ Meeting/Safety Briefing: 8:30AM – 9:00AM
    3. 1st Heat: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
    4. Lunch break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
    5. 2nd Heat: 1:00PM – 3:00PM

Once drivers check in at the front gate, confirm registration, and receive their car number, they proceed to tech. Tech inspection is brief but thorough. All parts of a driver’s car, both interior and exterior, are to be firmly tied down and secured. All tires will be checked for remaining tread-life and air pressure. Body panels may not be extruding Extra attention will be granted towards the mechanical aspect of the entries, assuring that all registered vehicles are in an operating condition in accordance to the will of the event’s sanctioning body. The vehicles will have no major fluid leaks, possess a secure battery tie-down, and must be in good working order. All drivers are required to have a helmet with a Snell rating of 95 or higher. Cars deemed un-drivable will not be allowed to participate.

Each heat, or 3 hour session, will include all participants. Considering the number of entries, the registration list will be broken into 4 or more groups of equal numbers. Based on chronological order of each car’s assigned number, participants will be assembled in one of these four groups, and will compete only within his assigned group’s turn. Every driver will be granted 3 attempts of 2 lap runs in every heat, with run order being determined within the run group on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the driver completes his first attempt, he will then proceed to the back of the grid, and await his next attempt.

Hey I am interested in the event. I have a couple questions for you though:

possess a secure battery tie-down
    I have a slightly modded 350z but I do not have an aftermarket tie down. The stock one should be fine right?
    All drivers are required to have a helmet with a Snell rating of 95 or higher.
    Are helmets available to rent?

Also, This will be a "one at a time" race event? I dont want someone plowing into me while I am drifting.

Comment

Oh man, its about time someone announced somthin in the central florida area <3 <3 <3

Comment

Stock battery tie-down will be fine. We will have a few helmets available for rent, but I would suggest you buy/borrow one.

This is an open drift practice event - so yes, just 1 car at a time on the track.

NOTE: DATE changed to this Sunday - 12/12/04 !!!!!

We still have a few spots left, pre-reg will be closed Friday 12/10/04 at 9PM est.

more info: www.xatracing.com

Comment

i visited the location last night, and i think everyone will have a really good time. it is pretty safe IMHO, but its very wide, and I think drivers will have a lot of room to experiment.

the advanced drivers will be able to combo a couple parts of the course, especially if they have the power to do so. the stands are directly over the front straight, so spectator viewing should be optimal.

lastly, i think it will be possible to do many runs at this facility over the course of the day. the pavement is a nice mix of slip and grip, shouldnt be too hard on the tires.

regardless, i hope to see everyone out there sunday.

Comment

Working...
          X