Dday6 Florida, 4-30-2005!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dday6 Florida, 4-30-2005!

27 PEOPLE ARE REQUIRED TO BE PREREGISTERED BY MARCH 30TH, OR THIS EVENT WILL ALSO BE CANCELLED

OK, We're going to try this again. Last event was cancelled due to a lack of preregistered drivers. If it happens again...well...do I need to say it?

Event Sponsored By:
    - Enjuku Racing
    - ACT Clutches
    - Griffin Radiators
    - SilkRoad Suspension Products
    - ATS Differentials
    - Autopower
    - DialD Magazine

PRE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON MARCH 30TH

NO ACCEPTIONS

On to the details.

SOME of you might be sick of Ocala, but most are not...we'll try to switch it up a few times during the day to make it more interesting. As usual we will have lots of Red Bull out there to keep you guys pumped as well as the concession stands will be open as usual to keep you fed and with a full stomach of stuff to barf up during ride-alongs. So this is it...bring your helmets, bring your extra tires, Bring your hot sisters

NOTE - YES WE'RE STILL USING THE OVAL TURN.

PLEASE NOTE EARLIER STARTING TIME!! - Last time we got the show kicked of an hour+ earlier and got everyone lots of track time. We'll stick to the same schedule. If you're not in and teched by 8:30 you don't participate.

Price is STAYING at $90- Because costs of running the event are ever growing. We love to do this for you guys but dont like being negative at the end of the day. HIGH QUALITY Facilities and insurance unfortunately are more expensive and since Erik and I arent millionaires, we have to adjust price accordingly. Any complaints about price/cost will be ignored, so why bother?

Date: Saturday, April 30th, 2005
    Place: Ocala Grand Prix – Ocala, FL.
    Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ????

REGISTRATION AND TECH: 7:000AM-830AM
    DRIVERS MEETING & WALKAROUND: 845AM
    DRIFTING: FIRST CAR ROLLS AS SOON AS MEETING IS OVER

Drivers: $90 Pre-registered or $150 at the gate
    Spectators: $5

**** Pre-registration IS OPEN NOW! Paypal Address is: SALES@DGTRIALS.COM

Ocala is a very nice and clean facility, so we are going to emphasize cleanliness and respect towards the track, it's workers, and the local environment. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will consist of 8 turns that are easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire section.

Parking is ample, but limited, so we recommend carpooling for the spectators. We want you out there, but we don't want you to have to “Austin Powers” your car in order to get a parking spot!

For spectators this time we will have full grand stands available for your viewing pleasure as well as a full service concession stand.

NOTE: There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX again This time. To make sure that everyone gets MORE seat time. We will be being very strict on time this time..that means...I say tech ends at 830, it ends at 830. If youre not there and ready to go by then...Not my problem, other people were responsible enough to get there on time and dont have the patience to wait for the rest of you.

HOTEL:
    Days Inn
    3620 W Silver Springs Boulevard
    OCALA, FL 32808
    Phone: (352) 629-0091

Please direct any questions or hate mail you have regarding the track or the event in general to kyle@dgtrials.com

Thank You,
    Kyle
    Be there!
    Charles

how many ppl ran in the last event? i think events further down will attract more people...ever been to the hialiah events, plenty of drivers but a small track

i have an 86 under 20v surgery that will be fully driftable by then, you might see me, but prob not in ocala ~ 450mi away!!

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz
      how many ppl ran in the last event? i think events further down will attract more people...ever been to the hialiah events, plenty of drivers but a small track

i have an 86 under 20v surgery that will be fully driftable by then, you might see me, but prob not in ocala ~ 450mi away!!
      2 reasons why Hialiah had alot of drivers... it was CHEAPER! But the track was nowhere near the caliber of Ocala. Ocala has averaged between 27-40 drivers at the drift events there. I think this will be the 4th event in Ocala. Locations are not easy to come by.

The thought that running an 'event' further down would attract more drivers is not nessacarily true. The first events held at Hialiah were 95% drivers from Tampa. There is no 'central' location becuase drifters are everywhere, and if your serious about drifting, you'd make the trip. I live in Tampa, and will be drifting in Atlanta in May (Southern Fried Slide...not Formula D) and that is 400+ miles for me too.

I'll be there.
      Charles
      Last edited by MrRiceRocket; 03-29-2005, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X