No announcement yet.

Beaverun drift practice (Pittsburgh,PA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaverun drift practice (Pittsburgh,PA)

Beaverun is having drift practices all summer long. The cost is $30.00 to participate and $7.00 for spectators. The only thing you need is a Snell 95 or newer helmet. Rental helmets are available.
    Dates:
    Wednesday April, 27 4pm-8pm
    Sunday May, 22 10am-5pm
    Monday May,30 10am-5pm
    Saturday June, 11 10am-5pm
    Saturday July, 2 10am-5pm
    Saturday August, 13 10am-5pm
    Sunday Septmber, 11 10am-5pm
    Any info. or directions can be found @ www.Beaverun.com

How much is it to rent a helmet?

Comment

I think its $5.00 to rent a helmet

Comment

Originally posted by DriftRPS13
        I think its $5.00 to rent a helmet
        Is that for the whole day? Also just had some general questions: Have you been to any of these events and if so, just how strict are the things like tech inspections- for ex: I was reading the tech inspection regulations and it said you have to have matching tires all the way around, perfect tread, etc. So they actually won't let you drive with different front/back rims and tires and with bald tires in the back? Or is that just mostly for the sake of legal paperwork, and they are lenient as long as your car works?
        Its just that I don't want to go there and find out I can't drift for some stupid small reason.

Comment

its 30 for the times they are running 4pm-8pm and 10am-5pm

and if its anything like last year the tech inspection is non existant, as long as you have a seat belt helmet and you car is leaking anything

mike

Comment

Originally posted by kaneda3

and if its anything like last year the tech inspection is non existant, as long as you have a seat belt helmet and you car is leaking anything

mike
            That's cool, I'll definetely try to attend and you mean $30 for admission right?, not for the helmet? Also, do you know any place to get a cheap helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftRPS13
              Dates:
              Wednesday April, 27 4pm-8pm
              Sunday May, 22 10am-5pm
              Monday May,30 10am-5pm
              Saturday June, 11 10am-5pm
              Saturday July, 2 10am-5pm
              Saturday August, 13 10am-5pm
              Sunday Septmber, 11 10am-5pm
              Any info. or directions can be found @ www.Beaverun.com
              I was just looking on the beaverun.com 2005 Even Calendar and only May 22 event is listed there. The calendar doesn't have any of the later dates. Does this mean they only update after each drift event happens?

Comment

They just added the new dates. The website might not be updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kaneda3

mike
                  If they let my POS on the track, then anyone can get on there.
                  It's a good time for all though.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                    If they let my POS on the track, then anyone can get on there.
                    It's a good time for all though.
                    You think they will still let me tear it up when my tires get down to metal and shoot sparks and are falling apart making horrible noises? (That's actually my favorite time to drift- its like me having an lsd and a little more power so I always run my tires to complete destruction).

Comment

Originally posted by FC3slider88
                      You think they will still let me tear it up when my tires get down to metal and shoot sparks and are falling apart making horrible noises? (That's actually my favorite time to drift- its like me having an lsd and a little more power so I always run my tires to complete destruction).
                      Look at it this way, you're more likely to get back in if you don't.
                      I'v eseen guys do it, but the more respectful you are to the track to more likely they'll do it again. Know what I mean?

Comment

Does anyone here know if they have a place at the track or somewhere close by where you can get tires mounted onto rims because I will only be able to bring 4 rims besides the ones I am driving on but I might be able to bring more tires. Only having 2 sets of rear tires to go through might not be enough.

Comment

Just a reminder that this Sunday May 22nd there is a drift practice @ Beaverun. Starts @ 10:00am and goes until 5:00 pm. Cost is $30.00. Info. about the event and Beaverun can be found @ www.Beaverun.com

Comment

I would go with my s14 but I am still waiting for my ka engine and tranny that I got from ebay to be shipped out and then put in. My old ka blew a head gasket but I found a good deal on a rebuilt engine with only 50,000 miles. Too bad it has low compression pistons rods and bearings so now I will have less power and still no lsd

Comment

Working...
                            X