PIR champ car Formula D expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIR champ car Formula D expo

So anybody go watch other then myself? What did you think? I thought the guys ripped it. There was alot of engine trouble but they all came out hammering.

Originally posted by nwdriftking
    So anybody go watch other then myself? What did you think? I thought the guys ripped it. There was alot of engine trouble but they all came out hammering.
    All i got to say is ORIDO IS THE *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Comment

Update:
      June 17, 18 & 19 2005
      Formula Drift Demo at Portland International Raceway
      CHAMP CAR Race

J.R. Gittin- Drift Alliance Demo car S13
      Chris Forsberg- Drift Alliance Demo Car 350Z
      Tony Angelo- Drift Alliance Demo Car- S13
      Andy Yen- Haslegren Toyota Corolla AE86
      Daijiro Yoshihara- Pac Rim Competition Car
      ORIDO- RS-R S14

Friday- 2 30 minute session
      Saturday 2- 30 minutes sessions
      Sunday- The Main event- 1 20 min. session before the race
      1- 30 min. session after the race

PIR was an amazing track, PIR just being short of 2 miles long the drivers loved it but had technical difficulties due to over heating and other odds and ends.

At the end of the weekend we left PIR and Champ Car yet again with another amazing Drift Demo.
      PIR has a series of Schikanes and long sweeping turns that had the DA guys, DAI, ORIDO and Andy Yen killing it.

The West End is where all the RV's and maniacs were screaming on top of their trailers.

Drifting fans, Formula D will be doing a small demo at the Champ Car race in Cleveland and San Jose at the end of July.

Thanks Portland for having us and for all NW drifters email PIR or your track and let them know you want
      "FORMULA DRIFT to come to our track" That's how Formula Drift will re-visit!!!

Thanks again,

Comment

i think the best time was hanging out in the garage(tent) with all the guys. most fun ive had for a long time. the formula d guys really went out of there way to put on a good show. thanks for showing up!

Comment

Hahah!! He's rad, even though he didn't understand anything we were saying!! He didn't mind us hanging around. Vincent called him a god, and the RSR guy translated for us. Orido said thanks. I got a sick Yokohama.

Comment

Well Chris Forsberg was driving a Local car after the First day of the weekend. He drove Unnatual inc. car!.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftin180sx
              Well Chris Forsberg was driving a Local car after the First day of the weekend. He drove Unnatual inc. car!.
              WTF is Unnatual?!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!

Comment

unnatural inc. wes's shop in beverton...(his car..the silkroad s14)

Comment

dai with jerry. his car was running really wierd. "japanese piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*" as dai called it.

the crazy hatchi that andy yen was driving. 50000 dollars in the engine and tranny alone!!! redline at 11grand.
                  i have some shitty vids if you want them
                  just hit me up on aim

Comment

Originally posted by Driftin180sx

Yeah, and he KINDA blew the engine. The second time it's blown in the last few months right Wes?!! The car belongs to the guy that started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
                      Yeah, and he KINDA blew the engine. The second time it's blown in the last few months right Wes?!! The car belongs to the guy that started this thread.

The whole weekend was awesome PIR was an amazing track and ranks on my list right next to Irwindale it might even be even a bit funner. Unfortunatley We had a few motors explode but we made it work hell I ran my car until oil and water was running out of my catch can (definately a dumb idea but i didnt come to portland not to drive). The damage on our cars will be assesed next week when we return from Pikes Peak and there are rumors we might be making it back out to PIR at the end of JULY!!!! Shhh though it not confirmed but we will do everything in our power to make it happen. All the local guys we met were super cool and without them we most likely would have had to sit out a good portion of the demo due to motor issues. We thank all of you times 1,000,000.

Hope to get the chance to rock that track again and we WILL see you all soon!

JR
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
                        Thats right Cone the first time was a piece of metal that pitched the rocker arms off at D1 in Feb. It only needed a headgasket to fix it.

I Had a blast with all the guys.

Comment

Ohh, that'd be awesome if you guys come back this summer. Could it be for drift day maybe? It was cool hangin around the cars and meeting some of the guys. I wish I could of hung out longer, but I didn't get there until it was a little late. Orido seemed cool, even though he didn't know English or anything.

Wes, hopefully it your engine doesn't need major rebuilding to get fixed.

Comment

damnit, I can't believe I missed it, I was too poor that weekend Cone whats up man, this is Artur the guy with the black s13 from last sunday, I practice for like 45 min after everybody left, defently trying it next time everybody's up there, thanks for the ride along.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                              The whole weekend was awesome PIR was an amazing track and ranks on my list right next to Irwindale it might even be even a bit funner. Unfortunatley We had a few motors explode but we made it work hell I ran my car until oil and water was running out of my catch can (definately a dumb idea but i didnt come to portland not to drive). The damage on our cars will be assesed next week when we return from Pikes Peak and there are rumors we might be making it back out to PIR at the end of JULY!!!! Shhh though it not confirmed but we will do everything in our power to make it happen. All the local guys we met were super cool and without them we most likely would have had to sit out a good portion of the demo due to motor issues. We thank all of you times 1,000,000.

Hope to get the chance to rock that track again and we WILL see you all soon!

JR
                              Yeah JR you and Tony were killin turn 1 all the way through turn 8, that ish was amazing. Large Tire Smoke!!! I had a blast hangin with you guys and can't wait to see you again. Hopefully at Formula D Sonoma!!
                              Peace,
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X