• Texas Event, Oct. 2, 2005

Next event October 2, 2005

at Mineral Wells Airpark

Registration will open at 8:45 AM

Driver's meeting at 9:30 AM

Drifting begins at 10:00 AM

Instructors will be available in the morning for those new to Drifting

IF YOU NEED TIRES FOR THE EVENT CONTACT

Rob Castro with Auto Care Clinic has also agreed that if you contact him in advance about your tire needs, he can bring those to the event as well. Contact him today at 469-855-3091

Rob will have the equipment to

change and balance your tires onsite

$7.00 for a tire change

$10.00 with balancing

Directions to Mineral Wells Airpark

Directions: Take I-30 or I-20 West, You will see an exit 80/180 that angles to the right towards Weatherford. You will then see a split in the road 80 to Weatherford and 180 to Mineral Wells, stay on 180. This will take you through Weatherford, once passed Weatherford you will go approx. 18 mls to Mineral Wells. Once you get into Mineral Wells, go to the 2nd stop light and take a left (this is 1195 or farm to market road) follow the road down for 2 miles. You will come to a 4 way stop (Mineral Wells Airpark), take a left and follow it down until you see a fork in the road, go to the left, it will lead you to the track . Call 817-243-2286 for questions

is a tire changer going to be there for sure? last time he was not there, and I had to end my day early
    also you may want to put "texas drift" or "dallas" in the title. most people do not know where mineral wells is

Comment

I love Rob and would hate to cut into his buisiness, but there is a wal-mart not 5 min. from the airport that will do your tires for 3.50 ea. (no ballancing). So there should be no way you run out of tires.

See everybody there. Cant wait to tandem again Aaron!

Comment

event organizers have very little control over the tire changers at events, and they sometimes show up, sometimes don't. i appologize if you had trouble getting your tires mounted at an event, but as a drifter you should

a. have extra wheels to drift on anyways, stock 240 wheels are super cheap. don't ever depend on other people or venues for the items you will need throughout the day. drift days are put on by enthusiasts who do it on the side and lose money on the day so they can drift. everyone else getting to drift is just a by product : ) california can probably put on profitable drift days, along with the drift showoff, but thats about it. coupling the events with car shows is the best way to do it so far around here.

b. like casey said, their is a walmart within just a few minutes that changes them for 3.50 each. they are a little slow though, so i suggest you come prepared with extra wheels.

then, you will never be caught without drift tires again!! all mine are always premounted with tires, waiting for me to put them on my car.

Comment

I always bring extra stets of wheels/tires, but they only last me half the day at best, I do bring extra tires. last time we came out in our big 58ft trailer, I do not want to drag that thing all the way to walmart just to get tires mounted.

I would mind getting together with some of the other regular texas drifters, have everyone pitch in, and buy a tire changing machine. the machine will probably pay for it self in one season.

Comment

who would haul the manchine around though? i think its very convient to pay someone a few dollars to change tires when gas, dragging the thing around, sharing it would be so annoying. not to mention the liability of people loosing body parts.

i need one of those giant trailers, that would be sweet. i just have a little one so i can only take one car per event. but if i could take two, i could drive one that worked and slowly tune the other one without wasting a full day of drifting on a car that isn't quite ready yet.

you drive the white rx7 that got second at drift showoff texas, correct?

Comment

yeah thats my FC, that trailer with all the extentions hold 6 miatas. only down side is that its $75 in diesel going from dallas to houston, one way, and that was last spring.

getting back to the tire machine, it would take some organization to make it work, we will just find one person to work the machine, giving him a percentage for his labor. get a cheap little trailer for it so its moblie, finding someone to drag it out to events should not be to hard. if you could contribute $40 and have have all your tires chaged for free for the whole season, is it worth it?

Comment

if it showed up to all the events i went to, but i doubt it would. i go to alot of events.

Comment

well its just an idea, I dont mind contributing money I just do not want to organize it.

Comment

Hey dudes....yeah, Alex and I, and Deanna and I have talked about going into the tire changing business before and it never panned out. Mostly because of stuff you all have brought up already. Nobody wants to be stuck changing tires all day (which they would if it was there) and get stuck out of drifting. Also, we thought about letting people do there own, and figured that would be more dangerous then the drifting itself. The best solution that we found was talking a tire changing place that does that sort of thing into coming out to events....but as time has proved it's always been a miracle if / when they do show up. I swear, I've seen them at events thats it's rained more then not.....so the moral of the story is: The drift events need to be large enough that they actually make money so we can hire people to come out and change tires for our competitors for free.....that would be freaking sweet.

So everybody needs to kum to events....or on them...either way.

Comment

also those machines are fuggin expensive.

even at $10 a tire it would still take like hundreds of tires to pay it off, thats of course if you can find somene to do all the labor for free...

Comment

Yall are also neglecting to realize that you need a prety big air compressor with a good duty cycle rating to run a tire machine.

But Im working on this exact thing as we speak so it shouldnt be too big of a problem.

Comment

the tire machine is only $800 new, I payed $300 for my compressor. if they can find someone to chase cones all day, they can find someone to change tires (especialy if they are getting payed).

Comment

Damn where did you find a new one for that low? What type is it? I have found some good *Censored**Censored**Censored* deals on used ones (like coats 5060s n Hunters n *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*) but i have never seen anything above the basic ones for under 1500.

Comment

yeah im gonna have to call *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* on that as well. ive seen broken ones go for more than that, much less brand new, those are a couple grand at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X