THE XDL SHOW, December 3, 2005 - Irwindale Speedway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE XDL SHOW, December 3, 2005 - Irwindale Speedway

Don't miss THE XDL SHOW, the hottest extreme asphalt show ever, at Irwindale Speedway December 3, 2005. The two-hour main event serves up an unmatched display of professional, choreographed drifting and off-the-hook motorcycle stunt riding.

THE XDL SHOW main event features the best riders and drivers who will display the latest tricks and routines, a lot of which you've probably never seen before. Our talent roster includes Manabu "Max" Orido, Nobuteru "NOB"
    Taniguchi, Takahiro "Taka" Ueno, Rhys Millen, Calvin Wan, Chris Forsberg, Vaughn Gittin, Kevin Carmichael, Kyle Woods, Jason Britton, Eric Hoenschell, as well as Wayne Strickland, Shane Bragg and Jody "JD" Leonard of Ill Conduct.

As if that wasn't enough, we've also assembled a theme park of additional attractions so you can have fun all day long and even get out on the track.
    Remember all the fun you had at GT LIVE? This is a smaller but just as fun version that gives you a chance to drive and ride in the cars that you love.

€ Get a ride in a drift car in the Falken Tires Drift Experience € Drive a current model demo car on the track in our Mazda Circuit Drive ride & drive € Hang with your favorite Formula D teams to get autographs, photos and other cool stuff at the Formula D Fan Appreciation Day € Cruise the XDL Club car & bike show area € Chill at the music stage € Check out the goods in the vendor midway € Marvel at RC car drifting at the HPI Racing Pavilion € Watch the BFGoodrich Tires Build & Boost € Take in the first-ever "Best Trick" drifting competition € Get some totally cool swag at the music stage throughout the day

Oh yeah, it's also Orido's birthday too. Make sure you are there to help us give him a birthday celebration to remember. Shhh...don't tell him, it's a surprise!

THE XDL SHOW launches December 3, 2005 at Iwindale Speedway in Los Angeles, California.

Tickets By Mail are on sale right now, through November 20th, and are $17.50 for the whole day. Once you're inside, nothing costs extra except vendor stuff and concessions. However some attractions offer a limited capacity or require pre-registration. The $17.50 price includes all shipping and handling and saves you $4.50 off the event day ticket price. You can avoid those crazy lines at the box office too! Event day tickets will be $22.00 and will be available at the Irwindale Speedway box office on December 3, 2005.

Please visit http://www.xdlshow.com for more information or to order your tickets!

what sucks is that they called a bunch of their "friends", asked for some help and suggestions, then took the ideas and ran with them without paying any consulting fees...

this is a good way to burn bridges

i will be stopping by, but I don't think my coverage will go very far.

Comment

a copy of BIG X???

Comment

yeah, that just seems like a big rip off of Big X, although some of us from Yokomo RC cars will probably show up to show them what real rc drifting is because HPI is not that great in the rc drift scene, but thats all tangent, this event doesnt seem like its gonna really cater to the true drift enthusiast, but more to the general population just to get money and ride the drift bandwagon
        -Randy

Comment

I know it may seem like a copy of Big X but lets think here, was Big X ever going to come state side?

I know people were trying but they were having little to no luck and I know people here want Big X or something like that to be here, so thats what paramax did.

Anyway it looks like this might be a series of events instead of one big bash like Big X is.

So I think everyone should get over the whole "*gasp* they are copying!" factor.

No one complained about Formula D even though its pretty much a copy of D1, heck they are even going to create a Formula D license to be earned at "driver searches" for next season...sound familar??

Who cares if its a copy?! its not like we were gonna get the original!! If they can bring us something that is just as good or possibly better and make a series out of it and keep it in America then Im all for it.

Ryan and Jim tried to bring D1 here and it didn't work out so they made their own "D1" for America and I dont see anyone complaining about it. In fact its to the contrary everyone is GLAD that they did it!

So lets not all start mixing a big jug of hater-ade before this thing even launches

Comment

Kenta from Big X has been over here in the US on several trips this year, and was working on several leads to bring Big X over here from Japan. He was much closer than many people might believe...

the sad thing is that someone from Paramax called up Kenta and asked him a bunch of questions about Big X, then they finalized and announced this XDL not even a month later. Kenta didn't really know any better, and now has no legal recourse. He got screwed. plain and simple.

that's not cool.... this industry is too small for that crap

Comment

Think about it XDL I think was at JGTC LIVE last year so what is the problem,I think every one on this Great land of are,s wants to make a little money look at all these companys makeing copy,s of everyones products.Tell you what if i had a chanceto make some extra money i jump at it and i think that imost of you guys will do the same thing. So lets enjoy this and quit Bit##in.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                Kenta from Big X has been over here in the US on several trips this year, and was working on several leads to bring Big X over here from Japan. He was much closer than many people might believe...

the sad thing is that someone from Paramax called up Kenta and asked him a bunch of questions about Big X, then they finalized and announced this XDL not even a month later. Kenta didn't really know any better, and now has no legal recourse. He got screwed. plain and simple.

that's not cool.... this industry is too small for that crap
                Im sorry but that whole situation seems silly. Im not saying it didn't happen but it just seems like a stupid way for something to go down.

What is Big X? Its a stunt bike and stunt driving show combined with drifting. Each one of those elements is more than readily available here in the states. Stunt bike riding has been HUGE here for years.... and we have tons of stunt drivers from the entertainment industry and so fourth.. and drifting..well we got our own series now full of talented and in some cases insanely fearless drivers.

What exactly would paramax need to get from Kenta to be able to do something like this? For a company with the experience and resources that they have it really doesn't seem like they would need to "steal" the idea of Big X from someone else.

I just have to believe that at some point within the few years that Randy Grube was traveling back and fourth between here and Japan to talk to the Super GT people or with in the year's past of GT Live he had to have heard about Big X from a multitude of sources. I believe this just for the simple fact that most of us HERE know what Big X is or at least have a general idea of it. So if we know then he had to have known before as well.

I mean once you know what the main elements are its really just a matter of booking the talent and then booking the venue...and from there its all marketing and promotion then selling sponsorship packages and booth spaces.

I know Im making it sound more simple than it really is..but in the case of paramax it is simple because they've already done all that crap before on quite a large scale.

The fact that they were able to pull it off in less than a month really says something about how good they are and probably says a few things about where Kenta went wrong besides sharing his ideas without a NDA.

Comment

i look at it like this, they stole Kenta and for the matter Kumakubo's idea, I mean dont you think its wrong to ask some body who is trying to do something of that nature about what it (the event) is like and then to turn around and use his ideas, the only reason Kenta has taken so long with this is because of the fact that its logistically crazy if not impossible to get that many drivers, cars, bikes, and etc over here and organized
                  to be honest, any way you look at it, that is shady
                  -Randy

Comment

Originally posted by uchi_san_saikos
                    the only reason Kenta has taken so long with this is because of the fact that its logistically crazy if not impossible to get that many drivers, cars, bikes, and etc over here and organized
                    -Randy
                    And THAT boys and girls is Kenta's biggest mistake.

The general idea and concept of Big X is VERY SIMPLE...but the fact that Kenta is trying to haul everything here from Japan is his downfall.

Big X is a stunt show with bikes, drivers, and drifters.. how is that going to appeal to a mass audience with nothing but Japanese talent that only a specialized section of the demographic is gonna recgonize??

Like I said in my earlier posts...stunt bikers, stunt drivers, and drifters are all EASILY AND READILY AVAILABLE HERE IN THE STATES.

If Kenta and Kumakubo realized that sooner they would have just taken their idea of Big X to a show promoter who had a lot of power and resources (for example paramax or ESPN) and simply told them:

"Here is our idea for a crazy motosport driven stunt show....lets use some of the top AMERICAN talent who are already HERE from each of these areas and a few from back in Japan and make this happen"

However Im sure that Kenta and Kumakubo wanted to use everything and everyone from their Big X show in Japan and it was that or nothing which is what created the logistic nightmare that you refered to.

This is why the idea of paramax "stealing" his idea seems so silly to me because a lot of people in our sector of the motorsports culture knew about it already and know what it is...it was really a no brainer to try and launch something like that here, but Kenta seems to have made things very complicated for himself while paramax made it simple plus they had the financial backing and other resources to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                      And THAT boys and girls is Kenta's biggest mistake.

The general idea and concept of Big X is VERY SIMPLE...but the fact that Kenta is trying to haul everything here from Japan is his downfall.

Big X is a stunt show with bikes, drivers, and drifters.. how is that going to appeal to a mass audience with nothing but Japanese talent that only a specialized section of the demographic is gonna recgonize??

Like I said in my earlier posts...stunt bikers, stunt drivers, and drifters are all EASILY AND READILY AVAILABLE HERE IN THE STATES.

If Kenta and Kumakubo realized that sooner they would have just taken their idea of Big X to a show promoter who had a lot of power and resources (for example paramax or ESPN) and simply told them:

"Here is our idea for a crazy motosport driven stunt show....lets use some of the top AMERICAN talent who are already HERE from each of these areas and a few from back in Japan and make this happen"

However Im sure that Kenta and Kumakubo wanted to use everything and everyone from their Big X show in Japan and it was that or nothing which is what created the logistic nightmare that you refered to.

This is why the idea of paramax "stealing" his idea seems so silly to me because a lot of people in our sector of the motorsports culture knew about it already and know what it is...it was really a no brainer to try and launch something like that here, but Kenta seems to have made things very complicated for himself while paramax made it simple plus they had the financial backing and other resources to back it up.
                      it always sounds so easy on paper, doesn't it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                        it always sounds so easy on paper, doesn't it?!
                        Apparantly easy enough for someone else to pull it off in less than a month according to you

Comment

Well, if Kenta was over here trying to make it happen, I hope he does bring Big X over here. Hopefully it'll work out like how D1 and Formula D are enjoyed without any complications.

Comment

No one complained about Formula D even though its pretty much a copy of D1, heck they are even going to create a Formula D license to be earned at "driver searches" for next season...sound familar??
                            LOL... Formula D is a drifting competition, just like any other. who the hell thinks its "copying" D1? theyre taking what works and applying it to something new.

Ryan and Jim tried to bring D1 here and it didn't work out so they made their own "D1" for America and I dont see anyone complaining about it.
                            it didnt work out for Ryan and Jim, or at all ingeneral? because one statement is ludicrous, and the other is useless. I dont care how it got here, just that it is here, and that its (generally) good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick
                              LOL... Formula D is a drifting competition, just like any other. who the hell thinks its "copying" D1? theyre taking what works and applying it to something new.

it didnt work out for Ryan and Jim, or at all ingeneral? because one statement is ludicrous, and the other is useless. I dont care how it got here, just that it is here, and that its (generally) good.
                              It looks like you missed my point.

My point was that no one accused Formula D of being a copy of D1 even though it is (look at the way its structured..its almost a mirror image but with different names..such as "great 8" as comparied to "best 8" etc) and yet it seemed as if people were getting upset that XDL is a copy of Big X

so the point I was trying to make was that if no one considered or cared that Formula D is a copy of D1 why should they care that XDL is a copy of Big X?

as far as what I said about it not working out for Ryan and Jim..I meant that after they brought the first D1 here they were trying to work with D's club to bring D1 here as a full series instead of just having one round or two rounds here but D1 wouldn't have any of that so instead of giving up on it they just started their own series

Comment

Working...
                              X