ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grind 101 Event- HOUSTON TEXAS - October 30th!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grind 101 Event- HOUSTON TEXAS - October 30th!!

We will be holding a Grind 101 practice event on Sunday, October 30th at Gulf Greyhound Park in LaMarque, TX. Registration is open immediately:

http://www.dailydrifter.com/Registration.htm

Map to Gulf Greyhound Park:

Pre-registration is $75 per driver (TONS OF SEAT TIME GUARANTEED!) 2 spectator passes included

Registration on the day of the event is $100 so be sure to pre-register!

Spectators fee is $5 (2 passes included with driver entry.

Spectators are welcome to ride along!!! ( Helmets are required.)

Tire mounting will be handled ONSITE by Gainespeed for $7 per tire. If you have any special requests for them to bring out please email them at monica@gainespeed.com with your tire sizes. If they dont show up we do have backup plans.

Try to bring at least 8 used or 4 new tires, make sure you dont run out! Also bring a jack, and tools!! Dont forget your lug keys if you have them!

Tech: Make sure all of your lugnuts are there and torqued, wheelbearings/suspension/shocks/seatbelts must be in good working order, dont forget to top up your car with fluids and change them make sure the car is ready to get beat on. Also drifting creates a lot of oil slosh, just to be safe add an extra 1/2 quart of oil to full.

Schedule:
    7:30 AM-8:30 AM Registration and tech
    8:45 AM drivers meeting
    9:00 AM First car out
    12:30 PM Lunch break (Quiet time for dogs)
    1:30 PM Practice resumes
    (One final quiet time break for dog walking)
    6:00 PM Practice ends

Dont miss out on a chance to drift in a safe and controlled environment! Yes, it is more expensive due to the new venue but it's still cheaper than getting arrested and having your car impounded (~$250 in case you were wondering).

Also don't miss your chance to get pointers from Texas's best drifters, Several Formula Drift competitors will be there to help instruct.

Please direct any questions to alex@dailydrifter.com or john@dailydrifter.com or you can contact John at 713-882-2338.

ifyou need help or an place to stay post on houston240sx.com and let us know!!!

see you there!

bump for the best drift event in texas ever, seriously, it will be, *Censored**Censored**Censored*!

Comment

we are starting a driftwarz game for this event. put together a team, were going crew drifting. jaime and i, plus another will take on ameen, mike, and whoever else you want. basically your drifting tandem WITH your partners, instead of against. the teams will be either 3-4 people ( i think john is going to bit.c.h about 4 though ), and i will see to it that there is some time for it in the event. are you guys game? i'm trying to get icon to put together a team too. if the dallas guys would come down, that could make 4 teams, or the lousiana guys for a 4th or 5th team. i don't really know the dallas guys so you have to go get them into it.

i know mike will support anything called driftwarz. in the event of a real driftwarz later on, stickers will be cut and placed upsidedown.

: )

this is a call out.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
        i'm trying to get icon to put together a team too..

didnt these awesome guys get arrested for holding a "drift event" with san antonio police as spectators?

im game, i dont know what ameen wants to do though, honestly i kinda want wade on my team since i play with him more than ameen :sorry:

also fwiw, my track plans wont be too freindly for this on the idea of a stock ka vs sr/Z, maybe we shoudl get 4 v6 mustangs and weld the diffs?

Comment

no offense taken.. i want my brother on my team... and alex...

Comment

i still love you, just your not white, and im bubba drift, and bubba doesnt like terrorists.
            Last edited by Mike Peters; 10-16-2005, 10:51 PM.

Comment

yea.. it kinda sucks.. the cool thing about being on your team is that you can tow your house around and we can sleep in there.. thats only when you and your mom/sister arent making too much noise in the bedroom...

Comment

i dont have a sister, i was expecting a better reply than that, im dissapointed in you :shakes head:

hey aaron, get ali dirka aljabori from a2racing.com to get his dirka a$$ back out to an event so we can all play, is derrick gonna have anything to drive or will he whore out james's by then completed el es juan powered iroc?

ps. get your ebrakes working people!

Comment

it won't matter how built the cars are in each group, as all you have to do is match your other drivers really well and gell. i would think running all 240s with kas together would be easier than me trying to match a car that has 700lbs less on its tires. jaime and i gell well when his car is working, and derrick should easily be able to match us. we can just put him in front and chase him if need be.

derrick doesn't have a car yet, as i'm sure you know. he is getting closer i think, although it would still have to be put together once he gets it. and knowing derrick, oh boy, that might get complicated.

as for ali, his local drifting days are over i think. i can't even shame him into coming to them any more. i really doubt if we see him at events unless they are held in san antonio or austin.

oh, and yes jacob got arrested, then released. i was told they notified the police, had a writen letter from the owner of the lot, ect. cones were setup, we were drifting away for a little while, then the cops showed up. 3 cars locked down the course, cuffed jacob, and everyone split ( i was next in line to go again, could have been me ). cops thought it was funny he was wearing a helmut drifting at night in a parking lot i'm sure LOL. it was pretty neat getting to drift in a public place like that, but turns out the cops didn't dig it. the let jacob go within an hour though, no big deal, just a reckless driving ticket. they really just wanted to break up the crowd and the noise i think. i hope they really do get the owners permission though, it would be cool to go drift there every friday night with everyone, we could set up little courses and let everyone practice low speed drifting. absolutely not a replacement for real events, but i dig it.
                  Last edited by aaronlosey; 10-16-2005, 11:23 PM.

Comment

man, i heard bits and peices, thats not a very cool story

oh yeah, and from past expereince, even if you do get a owner of a parking lot's permission there are still noise violations and crap the cops wont like. especially at night, and youll get hassled for crap anyways.

Comment

I am hoping to make it down there for this event.

Comment

are you gonna drive? bringing any more dallas guys?

Comment

depending on how busy I am I might just fly down, and have one of my guys here tow my car down, but I plan on driving

Comment

fly? it will take longer at airport security + parkign than just driving, but whatever lol.

Comment

its actualy prety fast if you fly southwest, but we shall see. there is a CMRA race the following weekend, so I might not make it to the drifting

Comment

Working...
                              X