americas first drift park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• americas first drift park

The organization that I am a Charter member of , SEDA (SOuth East Drift Association) is in the midst of opening a full service motor sports park, 45 minutes outside of the Atlanta area. I know it sounds like a haul for you NC guys.. but just imagine. The first fully staffed Drift Park in the US..just hours from us. (think Ebisu.. Sekia Hills..etc and others in Japan).

They will also cater to karting, auto-x, and moto-x in the park. The name of the park will be the Black Hills Circuit.

if you are even remotely interested in attending an event or just using the park any time in the future, please e-mail to this address for the park owners to get an idea of the potential this thing has.

track-interest@tophatperformance.com

This is it.. I have known about this for months and kept my mouth shut at their request til the time was right to reveal it. The time is now.. spread the word. Send this to any Forums you belong to and get the word out.

what about opening one up in cali? i'd be there all the time if it got built.

Comment

i'm moving back to GA with scott and ashley! hahaha ..

east coast roads are way more suited for drifting than the west coast anyway (although the so-cal canyons do give the blueridge mountains a run for the money, but i'll still pick the NC/TN/and VA roads over them) ... the east coast has more rural areas to drift in as well ... i used to remember going out for like 3 or 4 hour sessions and NEVER seeing another car besides our group ... that was fun ..

scott and all the other tophat guys, good luck with everything. we've seen you guys come a long way over at driftcentral and we're all proud of what you're doing for the industry!

Comment

The artist rendition.

This is not the only one we plan on opening. West coast should be next.

Comment

Looks like heaven...

Comment

i wanna build one here damnit..

drifting is very addictive and people will HAVE to drift.... meaning good business

Comment

whens can we expect the westcoast track to be done? is the track gonna be all flat land? you should make one all wild in the hills so we can bust crazy drifts. and have it open 24/7 so i can live there.

Comment

oh and have bangin hotties up at the track just cheerin and half naked. then when i come in from drifting they be all up on mah nuts. giggidy giggidy goo alll right better than hooters

Comment

yeah ... man i'm so proud of you guys! you're doing great! now if you'll just check your PM's over on DC scott i'd really appreciate that!

Comment

just an idea, but looking at that pic it seems impossible to have two independent layouts operating at the same time. might wanna look into slightly altering the track so you can have 2 independent layouts/pits/events going on at the same time to add effieciency.

my .02

Comment

one going clockwise, the other counter clockwise

Comment

and enough spectator stands to warrant big events

Comment

any ETA on when it will be open?

Comment

Layout could be planned better, I think. I also have plans to build a track with a few friends. It should be good. ETA next year or so. I dont want to ruin anything so I cant say much, plus I dont want anyone to steal my ideas!

I dont know if your track would be worth traveling to. You need me to design the track layout. I have really good ideas!

Comment

Well, at least it's not west coast

Also, do you guys actually have the 2-3 million it would probably cost to purchase and develop that much land into a functioning track?

The track seems a little over-complicated...

I'd say add about one small chicane (maybe to the bottom left corner?) to the outer course and then get rid of about half the stuff in between... just to simplify things. Or maybe just convert the middle into a giant skid pad? When doing a road course, parts of it could be coned off as a stretch of track anyway. All that drift-oriented gobldygook in the middle could be done just as well with cones... of course, leaving a few of those streches of track would also make the course very versatile.

Something similar in size to Tsukuba would be great for grassroots motorsports, in my opinion.
                              Last edited by Valkyrie; 01-20-2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X