Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• results from san diego?

anyone????

the course was brutal! at least 8 cars hit the wall. The setup was somewhat like Houston last year, only with a much tougher surface. The Drift Alliance 'wh0red out' car flipped on the roof at one point! but the driver was ok.

They handed out 7 liscenses, i believe the tally was 3 full and 4 provisional (it could be the other way around). I wasn't there for the announcement, so i'm not 100% sure on who got what. I believe the pink ae86 driver from japan was one of the drivers who got a liscense.

Comment

the count was 11 cars that hit the wall including the falken FD rx7 and the DA s13

Comment

wow everyone okay?

pics/vids/results?

Comment

there was media coverage but i cant remember who was taking pics/vid...

Big C from street fury was out there as well as "Wild On..."

everyones alright... cant remember the results though...off the top of my head

kyle/grenade car, henry/pink FC, hiromi/pink rolla, got either their prov/or full....im missing 4 other people

Comment

Yea the track sounded brutal. Wish i coulda been there.

Comment

EverythingDrift had 2 photographers

I think AutoImportCraze also had some shots, and Alison was out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                Yea the track sounded brutal. Wish i coulda been there.

i dunno.....it was raining..

Comment

while sitting in the car waiting for practice laps...

me: big C!
                  Big C: HOLLA ATCHYA BOY!

that guy is awesome.

fun event I decided to drive cautiously because so many people (danm talented ones nonetheless) were crashing.. goin home with a straight frame > maybe getting a license

It sucked to see so many cars go into the wall, the weather was crazy, and the course was a ton of fun

Comment

Wait. I thought it was dry all day, then it only rained at the very end.

Comment

it rained until driving started, so the ground was still wet and really patchy in some areas....rained again at the end of the night

Comment

Sounds like the Houston qualifier... dry here, wet there, mud everywhere. Congrats to the drivers that got a license! I can't wait to see some coverage.

I really wish I could have made it out. Looks like I'll be riding the FD bench this season... but now I can finally put some money into the car rather than traveling the country trying to be competitive in a more-or-less stock vehicle.

I can't wait to see what unfolds this season!

Comment

hey andy, instead of doing a lame old formula d event, come on out to one of our daily drifter events. if you come out to the mineral wells ones ( just outside of dallas ), like the one on the 26th of this month, i'll give you free entry and a place to crash for free within minutes of the track. entry speeds are above 90mph if you have the power to get up there, track is huge. my offer stands for marty as well, he can drive for free too.

dailydrifter.com for more details.

oh, and npr has another event coming up in two weeks.

Comment

Aaron. That is a nice gesture, however i wouldnt go of saying fd is lame. Fd events are alot of fun, even when i didnt qual, i still had fun. I do realize it is really expensive and all, but this is the only series that is bringing national media attention, and coverage to our sport.

ya know?

I think this year will be great for drifting, even for the small people like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                              Aaron. That is a nice gesture, however i wouldnt go of saying fd is lame. Fd events are alot of fun, even when i didnt qual, i still had fun. I do realize it is really expensive and all, but this is the only series that is bringing national media attention, and coverage to our sport.

ya know?

I think this year will be great for drifting, even for the small people like me.

it was kind of a joke about fd being lame. fd is what it is, a place for the best of the best in the country to go drift in front of cameras and try and get famous. i thought i wanted to try my hand at that right now, but i felt i would rather have fun at local events. i have nothing to gain or prove right now, so formula d isn't really for me. i've gone to several fd events, and i never had all that much fun ( i towed friends there ). i even let a friend borrow my skyline at the houston fd event and it got totalled. i want something different out of drifting, no want walls on course, and i want more than 5 runs. i just want to have fun with it. and i'm sure i'd have alot more fun if i was a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* driver who made it all the way to first, getting to drive alot along the way, but realistically, at the very best, i would consider making it to the top 16 a victory for myself. its just too much hassle, money, risk, ect for the benifit. i would rather go tandem with my friends at local events twice a month than spend all my drift money on 5-10 runs 30 hours from home.

i'll still tow a friend of mine to a couple of events, but i won't bother driving. i don't belong in fd at the moment. maybe that will change someday, but not right now.

good luck everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X