Ncda Night Drift Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncda Night Drift Round 1

First Round of the night drift season starts on 5/18, gates open at 3 close at 10......Next Thursday!!!! www.ncda.net

Prices:
    $60 Drivers
    $10 Pit Spectators
    $5 Grandstand Spectators>
    Driver limit: 45
    No pre-registration. First come first serve.

Thursday evening schedule:

3:00–4:00 PM
    Gates open/Tech open/Registration

4:00–7:00 PM
    Track opens, cars run autocross style (1 at a time) on each course.
    OPEN PRACTICE SESSION

7:00–10:00 PM
    Competition Begins, open to all participants
    Single run eliminations to sweet 16, to best 8, to semifinal 4 to final 2, winner
    CASH Prizes at opening event (April 20). It will be safe and fun for all skill levels.

10:00–11:00 PM
    Clean up and exit the facilities.

Directions to Altamont Motorsports Park

Contact Info:
    henry@ncda.net
    todd@ncda.net

www.ncda.net / www.driftingchampionship.com

Comment

quoted from NCDA forums

"We just met with upper management of Altamont motorsport park and they are FED UP with speeding and drifting down Midway road. The surrounding neighbors have complained numerous times and it is SERIOUS. To make things worse about 5-7 wannabes showed up there last Thur. night and decided to ruin it for EVERYONE by drifting up and down while owners, sheriff's deputies, and city officials witnessed the wrecklessness drifters can bring on the street first hand! We are calling a meeting and signature signing to show as much as we can to promise to the people we will behave. If any one knows who went out there last Thurs. Email me privately at todd@ncda.net THIS IS SERIOUS *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one more incident means no Night Drift.!!!!!!"

Comment

Attention!!! We have a serious issue. People have been drifting on Midway Road leading up to Altamont Raceway. In particular last Thursday there was an incident with cars drifting on that road, and it was witnessed by Altamont officials and neighbors. If there are any more complaints THERE WILL BE NO NIGHT DRIFT.

Tentatively we will be holding a meeting this friday. We are still going to figure out the meeting place. Stayed tuned to www.ncda.net for the details. The purpose of the meeting is for us to get the signatures of as many drifters as possible, promising not to drift on Midway road. We absolutely NEED this.

This is the current situation and it is 110% serious.

Comment

PLEASE, if you go to Altamont, don't drift/speed/get hyphy on the nearby roads. There has a been a lot of that going on and Altamont is *this close* to banning drifting there altogether. Please have respect, calm down, and don't ruin it for everyone.

Comment

Hello I wanted to know if there is a way I can get this form faxed to me so I can sign it also? I would hate for a group of stupid people mess it up for everyone...Let me know and I would sign whatever it takes.

Aaron
            Be Safe X Stay Strong

Comment

From NCDA.net:

At begining of 2006 we sat down with Riverside Motorsport whom is the managing company for Altamont Motorsport Park to secure the park for the 2006 season of Night Drift. Mr. Kenny Shepard the general manager who was filled with anticipation and excitment promised us the track will go through construction and agreed to host the 2006 Night Drift season. As spring comes along so did the rain and caused a construction delay and cancellation of the first 2 scheduled Night Drifts which no one could prevent. During early April we got the word that the county of Alameda was having some concern over drifting and is requiring a hearing and petition to reconsider allowing drifting.

However the May 18th Night Drift was still promised a green light from Mr. Kenny Shepard but all participants have to show good behavior in order for the county and authority to futher consider drifting at Altamont. During first week of May Mr. Shepard claimed to witness 5-7 unindentified cars showed up at Midway road in front of Altamont race way on May 4th and were driving wrecklessly. After a personal meeting with Mr. Shepard on May 9th he instructed Henry Ahn and I to send out the message and gather all NCDA supporters and driver to promise good behavior with signatures before he "feels" confortable with hosting the May 18th Night Drift. On May 15th I contacted Mr. Shepard and was prepared to show him over 100 signatures that were gathered and to discuss details to prevent complaints and enforcing rules against wreckless driving on Midway road. On evening of May 16th which is less then 48 hours away from May 18th Night Drift I recieved an E-mail from Mr. Shapard stating "you need to put the word that there is no drifting at AMP during this month or until we get the permit problems related to drifting resolved." All the way until this Email was received by me NCDA was under the assumption by the promise of Mr. Shepard that May 18th Night Drift will go on. I just want to share with you what happend and what took place. NCDA staff and I feel we have done everything we can to put Night Drift 2006 on the map without any negligence. It is my deepest regret the effort to organize Night Drift 2006 has to end this way without Altamont being recognized for the problems they caused at the expense of having NCDA's marketing credibility ruined. All I ask now is for fellow NCDA supporters to stick together while the combined force of corporations and government are all against amateur drifting.

Thank you for years of support.

Todd Ho

Comment

Working...
              X