RUSSIAN DRIFTING Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUSSIAN DRIFTING Competition

Last saturday there was first ever drift event in Moscow, Russia. Was pretty ok as this movemnet has just started in Russia. I first started to get involved and interested in this sport about 2 years ago in Uk when i worked for Nemesis Performance.
    Just s couple pics from event and warm ups, and as i said its just the begining

Im warming up before the event on friends G35, thanks a lot to him (mentioning that after event we had to replace the standart clutch already with new OSgiken twin plate )

Before start

Opening sort of ceremony:

Other cars warming up

I like this pic

The place where event took place, interest was very big, keeping in my mind that only seven cars participated!

There was dyno as well and this RX7 showed impressive numbers!

Of course Russian ladies

DRIFT event winners of that night, 1st place-Toyota Altezza, 2nd place-S13, 3rd place 2g Mitsubishi Eclipse(WTF??? ), I was 5th with G35 and silver S15 was 4th. Well upsetting was that clutch died before last round (i know excuse ) Next time it will be different story! Also i had to start the field all the time meaning i had to set the benchmark which is a bit annoying.

thats pretty cool yall are doing stuff in russia now. cool beans.

Comment

That's awesome man. I am Russian myself. I was born there and grew up and went to school in Moscow and Kaluga (a nearby town). I was just in the UK this summer for two weeks but I never knew there was a drifting scene starting up over there. I love how you can just get sweet cars over there, like in the UK i would just see chasers driving around and a few 200sx's. Good luck and I hope the scene grows.

Comment

Good stuff. I like the clear lights s15, and the paint on the Z is original.
        (how come no said "In Communist Russia, CAR DRIFTS YOU".)

Comment

hey FC, so how come you re in US now? I guess studying? Reason why im in Moscow is that i was offered a job in company that tunes cars over here and sell parts all over the world, but in general im from Latvia. Is drifting scene big in US? I mean underground stuff apart from legal races?

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
            hey FC, so how come you re in US now? I guess studying? Reason why im in Moscow is that i was offered a job in company that tunes cars over here and sell parts all over the world, but in general im from Latvia. Is drifting scene big in US? I mean underground stuff apart from legal races?
            I came here when I was like 8 because my dad was offered work here as a russian to english/english to russian translator. And we lived here ever since. Since then I have visited russia like 2 times because my mom and my grandparents live there but back then I was never really into cars. Drifting in the U.S. is really huge now. There are events in almost every state. And if you go to bigger cities/states there is a lot of illegal street drifting. I mean I myself learned on the street.

Comment

Sweet dude. I ve been in states two times, both in NYC, but already a while ago. Loved threre. But i was not into cars then yet at all. Now i ve been working in tuning industry for 5 years already, started in Latvia with opening my own company, then moved to UK to work for Nemesis Performance who are euroepean Veilside, C-west and 5zigen dealers and from them i was headhunted to Torque Developments International, very serious company, not many people know about them, but they ve been around since 1981. They ve made many famous cars. And after i wanted to go to Latvia when offer from russian company came and i couldnt resist as its just developing market here and moved to Moscow last spring. Now to be honest im waiting for some offer from US companies, cause would love to work there, esspecially Cali side

Comment

Some more pics from my warm up round

Comment

that is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X