X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Fury Round 4 In Atlanta Registration Is Open

www.driftfury.com

www.myspace.com/maximumangle

We are excited to announce that the Top 5 drivers for the season will be given a license to drive at a professional East Coast drifting series for 2007. The series name and details will be announced by SEMA. The first event of the East Coast pro series could be as soon as February in South Florida. We will keep the site updated as more informationcomes available. There will be some good drifting to look forward to with with two of Atlanta's favorite locals, Marty and Andy Sapp, battling it out for the first place position. You don't want to miss the last event of the season! Come out an support your local drift scene! We are looking forward to growng next year! *** EDITED*** we had a big meeting yesterday and decided that the top 5 drivers for the season would recieve a license and so would the top 5 drivers of the day (which may obviously include some of the season drivers). So if you think your top 5 material, come and get it

Drift Fury welcomes and appreciates coverage from members of the media. However, application for credentials does not guarantee approval. Members of the media are responsible for confirming their credentials before the event. All media inquiries must be recieved by November 11, 2006. No one will be given media credentials at the gate.
    http://www.driftfury.com/media.html

driver info and registration
    http://www.driftfury.com/driverinfo.html

Pre-registration is $70 or $90 at the gate. Please be informed that registration usually fills up before the event.
    If you did not use your own paypal address, you will need to give the name that payment wa made under at the gate. A DRIVERS SCHEDULE IS LISTED IN THE LINK PROVIDED ABOVE. I SUGGEST YOU READ AND AND BE SURE TO ARRIVE AT THE EVENT ON TIME.

Show registration
    http://www.driftfury.com/show.html

$20 entry fee. You may pre-register or register at the gate for the same price. If you decide to pre-register, please bring a copy of your paypal reciept to the gate. If you did not use your own paypal address, you will need to give the name that payment wa made under at the gate. ROLL IN FOR THE CAR SHOW BEGINS AT 8:00 AM AND ENDS AT 1:00 PM

$5 FOR SPECTATORS ALL DAY AND SPECTATOR PARKING IS LOCATED IN THE GOLD/LEXUS LOT.

if you are intrested in sponsoring the event, please feel free to call me @770-319-9605 r e-mail me tracy@batlground.com

VOLUNTEERS PLEASE! We will have 2 arrival times for volunteers 7:30 and 9:30. The benefits are: you get to watch drifting for free and you get free lunch and free dinner and a free T-shirt (while they last). Most of the positions are cone chasing on the track. there will be several other positions available, but they will be rotated between cone chasing. please e-mail tracy@batlground.com with your first and last name and your telephone number if you are interested.

I am really looking forward to this event. I hope that ya'll are too
    Last edited by Tracy; 10-24-2006, 12:13 PM.

We are excited to announce that the Top 5 drivers for the season will be given a license to drive at a professional East Coast drifting series for 2007.
    I can't find how your series point system works per event on your site. The reason I am asking is because if a driver attends your last event and places 1st, is it even possible for them to end up in the top 5 in series points to win this award?

I might have some interested drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by conspire View Post
      I can't find how your series point system works per event on your site. The reason I am asking is because if a driver attends your last event and places 1st, is it even possible for them to end up in the top 5 in series points to win this award?

I might have some interested drivers.
      here is how we do our judging (thanks John yim )
      http://driftfury.com/img/judged.pdf

http://www.driftfury.com/img/works.jpg
      This is where the points were. I had no idea the page was missing. I'll have to fix that. Thanks for the heads up.

either way here's how the points break down.

1st. 14
      2nd. 10
      3rd. 8
      4th. 6
      5th - 8th. 2

It's not possible at this pont to get a license if you didn't compete in the whole series for this last event. This was a last minute decision made between us. If we decide to persue this further, we will have more events posted soon and you won't have to attend the entire season of Drift Fury to get a license for the pro series. We will take the drivers with X amount of points at each event whichwill probably be inthe city of the pro event a month or so before (I have a meeting with them tomorrow about how it will all go down. I just needed to get my reg open today because that's what I announced). We don't want it to be like the top 1st-3rd place drivers from each event, because what if the top 3 drivers that show up happen to not meet the criteria that they are looking for? There may be an event or 2 where no one gets a license...just like at some of the FD qualifiers. There will also be qualifing the day before the main event similar to how FD used to do it.

As of right now we are only doing this one event on the license tip. We have a meeting tomorrow and we will see how that goes. If it doesn't meet my standards and request then we won't do anymore.

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Comment

i figured it out, just change this:

http://www.driftfury.com/img/works.jpg

to this:

http://www.driftfury.com/img/works.pdf

Brian

Comment

That's not the right one either. I'll get it together. I just took over the responsibility of updating the website and I am no web designer by any means. Thanks for the patience.

Either way, we had a big meeting yesterday and decided that the top 5 drivers for the season would recieve a license and so would the top 5 drivers of the day (which may obviously include some oft he season drivers), but hey, if you can come in and wax butt...then come on! *edited in the first post

Comment

Round 4 Driver's List
            1. Andy Sapp
            2. *Erin Sanford
            3. Kieren O'Brien
            4. John Thornley
            5. Sean Love (Ter-Tech)
            6. Zoltan Hajdu, Jr.
            7. Dustin Moore
            8. Donald Moore
            9. Chanin Prapapyuenyong
            10. Byron Hill
            11. Abner Stokes
            12. *Matt Kenck
            13. Jay M Parcon
            14. Matt Foerst
            15. Huy Le
            16. Tyler Clayton
            17. Dustin Prater
            18. Blake Fuller
            19. Scott Kell
            20. Kittredge Hock
            21. Ron Eworth
            22. Jonathan Martin
            23. Brad Heath
            24. Emmerson Vieira
            25. Jodin Lejeune
            26. Travis Deems
            27. Howard Smith
            28. Shawn Smith
            29. Marietta Cartwright
            30. Ryan Hostetler
            31. Calum Johnson
            32. Stephen McFarlane
            33. Marcos Ruiz
            34. Mike Lapenna
            35. Jonathan Peek
            36. Zoltan Hajdu, Sr.
            37. Cody Wellons
            38. Derek Moore
            39. Sam Jayitr
            40. Eric Ratanavong
            41. Syn Lee
            42. Chad Fisher
            43. Adam Szczuka
            44. Michael Lawrence
            45. Junius Brodnax
            46. Harrison Ritchie
            47. Harrison Ritchie
            48. Patrick Haire
            Last edited by Tracy; 10-27-2006, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
              Round 4 Driver's List
              7. Donald Moore
              8. Donald Moore

20. Kittredge Hock
              21. Kittredge Hock
              are these four like a pete and pete kinda thing?

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                are these four like a pete and pete kinda thing?
                No they all paid with the same pay pal addy, I'm waiting to hear back from them on their names.

Comment

Round 4 Driver's List
                  1. Andy Sapp
                  2. *Erin Sanford
                  3. Kieren O'Brien
                  4. John Thornley
                  5. Sean Love (Ter-Tech)
                  6. Zoltan Hajdu, Jr.
                  7. Dustin Moore
                  8. Donald Moore
                  9. Chanin Prapapyuenyong
                  10. Byron Hill
                  11. Abner Stokes
                  12. *Matt Kenck
                  13. Jay M Parcon
                  14. Matt Foerst
                  15. Huy Le
                  16. Tyler Clayton
                  17. Dustin Prater
                  18. Blake Fuller
                  19. Scott Kell
                  20. Kittredge Hock
                  21. Ron Eworth
                  22. Jonathan Martin
                  23. Brad Heath
                  24. Emmerson Vieira
                  25. Jodin Lejeune
                  26. Travis Deems
                  27. Howard Smith
                  28. Shawn Smith
                  29. Marietta Cartwright
                  30. Ryan Hostetler
                  31. Calum Johnson
                  32. Stephen McFarlane
                  33. Marcos Ruiz
                  34. Mike Lapenna
                  35. Jonathan Peek
                  36. Zoltan Hajdu, Sr.
                  37. Cody Wellons
                  38. Derek Moore
                  39. Sam Jayitr
                  40. Eric Ratanavong
                  41. Syn Lee
                  42. Chad Fisher
                  43. Adam Szczuka
                  44. Michael Lawrence
                  45. Junius Brodnax
                  46. Harrison Ritchie
                  47. Harrison Ritchie
                  48. Patrick Haire
                  49. Joshua Stokes
                  50. Harry Tervola.
                  51. Tim Moceri
                  52. Phillip Pass
                  53. Shant KarakouzianRaffi
                  54. Raffi Karakouzian
                  55. Jerome Davidson
                  56. Chad Bartelme
                  57. Clint Keener
                  58. Matt Ball
                  59. Dennis Santos "Dado"
                  60. jadie cho (yay! another girl!)

I have 2 spots left and Matthew Ball may need to sell his. If more than 2 people reg somehow I will have to refund whoever regged last. I will watch it closely.

Thanks everyone!
                  Last edited by Tracy; 10-30-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

1 spot left

Comment

This event is full for drivers

Comment

Hey, I was wondering if you are going to have an open session for anyone at this event? If not, do you know of any events in the Atlanta area where a beginner can try his hand at drifting? I'm kinda new to drifting but not racing, I've been drag racing for about 11 years, and have 97 Cobra with full Steeda suspension and all the basic bolt-ons, that I would like to take out and try. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.
                        Thanks,
                        Bryan

Comment

All of our events have been practice all day (about 30 runs) and then a mini comp at the end (about 2 hours). Beginners are always welcome. We try to have a little something for every level of driver. Next season we will have drifting schools. It will be set up where you have several options, from bringing your own car and running without an instructor to paying extra for an instructor to paying extra-extra for a car and an instructor. We still have a lot to get together for next year, but I will keep our site www.driftfury.com updated as changes occur.

Comment

Working...
                          X