(2007) NOPI Drift Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (2007) NOPI Drift Schedule

March 17/18 Phoenix, AZ. (Firebird Raceway)

March 31/Apr 1 Chicago, IL. (Toyota Field)

April 14/15 Miami, FL. (Dolphin Stadium)

June 9/10 St. Louis, MO. (Gateway Int. Raceway)

June 23/24 Denver, CO. (Invesco Field)

June 30/July 1 Los Angeles, CA. (Home Depot Center)

July 7/8 Knoxville, TN (Drift Demo Event)

July 28/29 Pittsburgh, PA. (Heinz Field)

September 15/16 Atlanta, GA. (Atlanta Motor Speedway)
    2007 NOPI Drift Finals and 2007 NOPI Nationals Show
    Last edited by NOPITECH; 11-22-2006, 01:17 PM.

April 14/15 Miami, FL.

Which venue?

thanks

Comment

dolphin stadium has a HUGE lot.

Comment

what happned to the myrtle beach event that was announced at drift fury 4?

Comment

Originally posted by projectdrifter View Post
          what happned to the myrtle beach event that was announced at drift fury 4?
          If you are talking about the practice here it is.
          http://www.lookoutdrift.com/forums/i...showtopic=6391

Comment

I'm excited to go to Miami. That's my home town!

Comment

nopidrift.com has a different schedule..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                nopidrift.com has a different schedule..
                TX was added, TN is a 'demo' only. TX was a late addition

Comment

so is the texas event just a qualifier?
                  is it tandem?

Comment

do they have a rule book yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      so is the texas event just a qualifier?
                      is it tandem?
                      why would it be 'just' a qualifier? it's a full event, it was just a late addition to the schedule. It's a drifting and drag event both.

Comment

it said something on the nopi drift website about being a qualifyer.
                        if you miss this event can you still show up at the next one in phoenix?
                        when is the rule book going to be out? I would have to show up with the wrong kind of harness, or wear the wrong driving shoes (its happened).

Comment

The event in TX will be a qualifier not a demo. There will not always be a Friday night qualifer and this is my mistake. I posted that originally when all of this was comming about and at that time Friday night qualifiers were being discussed. So I sincerely apologize for that misunderstanding. THERE WILL HOWEVER BE A FRIDAY NIGHT QUALIFIER IN AZ

www.driftfury.com is where you will go to get your license and our schedule will be posted this month.

The NOPI rule book is in the final stages if you have any questions regharding that feel free to contact caleb@nopi.com

Myrtle Beach Speedway is having an event on January 13th and Drift Fury will be there to judge. So, this is a semi-immediate opportunity for you to obtain a license. It is not a DF event, just to be clear. This is how you will be judged http://www.driftfury.com/howyouarejudged.pdf we will take anyone who get's 12 points or more and give them a license. The qualifiers in TX and AZ will be judged in the same manner.

There may be a little more information to post about the MB event which should be available by the end of the day today. This quote was made before we came to an agreement on judging at this event. Thanks for your patience.

If you have any other questions regarding qualifier judging and/or Drift Fury events, please contact tracy@batlground.com

"Team DriftMB in conjunction with FERDWear are announcing the first BeachSydeSlyde of 07 in association with Drift Fury.

Saturday January 13th Gates open at 8:30am, Runs start at 10:00AM

$50.00 entry fee for drivers, $10.00 for spectators. All fees to be paid at the GATE.

You've heard all the comments and compliments from our last 2006 Season event, Santa Slyde, now is your chance to come and see for yourself why DriftMB and Myrtle Beach Speedway events offer the the most seat time in the SouthEast.
                          Here is a few shots to show you what you missed if you weren't there.
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77108828655993

This event is on a SATURDAY, allowing us an earlier START TIME by over 2 hours. That means 2 MORE HOURS TRACK TIME for the Drivers. This event will run from 10:00Am until dark. All track activities must cease at DUSK.

Heads Up Drag Racing on the front straight of the speedway.

BANK DRIFTING PERMITTED WITH PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT (cage, 5 point harness and helmet) NO RIDERS on the banking.

TANDEM IS PERMITTED ON COURSE.

Any questions, contact Myrtle Beach Speedway at 843-236-0500

For driving directions, see www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Team DriftMB, FERDWear and Myrtle Beach Speedway!"
                          Last edited by Tracy; 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

i tried to register online, and their website doesn't seem to be working. also, if the houston event is a qualifier, does it have a payout? and if i already have a license, can i still attend? i'm from texas so i'd like to drive at the event if possible. please make nopi finish their website and make it useful, it will cost me a huge amount of money to run the series if i decide to, the least they can do is polish up their driver interface so we can register and find out details of payouts, rule books, judging, ect. it looks like they are going to use the drift box, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey View Post
                              i tried to register online, and their website doesn't seem to be working. also, if the houston event is a qualifier, does it have a payout? and if i already have a license, can i still attend? i'm from texas so i'd like to drive at the event if possible. please make nopi finish their website and make it useful, it will cost me a huge amount of money to run the series if i decide to, the least they can do is polish up their driver interface so we can register and find out details of payouts, rule books, judging, ect. it looks like they are going to use the drift box, is that true?
                              You can't register yet because registration isn't open. If you already have a license, you can absolutely sign up to drive at the qualifier if you wish (which BTW Aaron you would have been able to compete in NOPI Drift whether we gave you a license or not since you earned your FD license already and they honor the FD license). There will not be any payouts for the qualifiers only for the actual competitions. Unfortunately I can't "make" NOPI do anything I'm just here to give the info that I know. I'm not employed by NOPI and I'm just trying to help out with what I know to be true. You can e-mail caleb@nopi.com or glennw@nopi.com If the forum isn't gettin' it for ya The good news is that you don't have to drive in the entire series to recieve big payouts (although I'm sure they would appreciate it). There is no end of the year prize. They give $5k/event for first place and pay down to 10th place, I believe (the entire pot is $10k if I'm not mistaken). They will be using the drift box http://www.nopidrift.com/?nav=press and Hideo has signed on as their Race Coordinator. I posted a link in my last post as to how the judging will go at the qualifiers. I think I got 'em all. If I can answer any more questions, I will definately try
                              Last edited by Tracy; 01-02-2007, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X