DB amatuer comp #1 to be held 3/18/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB amatuer comp #1 to be held 3/18/07

Do you want people to see how good you really are?
    Do you dream of crowds of fans cheering you on?
    Do you think you have the skills to win?
    COME FIND OUT!

March 18th, 2007 at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA.

Drift Buffet is proud to bring you professional style amateur drifting competition!

The Speedway features a 1/4 mile banked oval and newly-paved infield, complete concession and restroom facilities, car show area, vendor midway, and two 5000-spectator grandstands with permanent pressbox. This is a genuine spectator venue, and will draw fans and industry people from all over!

The competition format features two classes to accomodate the wide range of driver and vehicle preparation levels, and unique qualifying and competition formats to keep things fresh and competitive!

The current ruleset is available on the website, and as a PDF for download at http://www.driftbuffet.com/comprules.htm

Because this is the first competition of the season, all drivers will need to make a license attempt, but Provisional Licensing is NOT a popularity contest, and it is not intended to predict a driver's competitiveness. We are asking only that you demonstrate core competencies and skills to ensure that you will not endanger yourself or anyone else on the track. Provisional License testing will be done on-site.

If you do not pass the license test, you get a free practice day at any upcoming Drift Buffet practice/instructional event where our instructors will help you build the skills you need to compete safely!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CLASSIFICATIONS AND COMPETITION FORMATS BEFORE YOU REGISTER!

Driver registraion fee is $145 for license testing and qualifying. Register online at http://www.driftbuffet.com/registration.htm

Space is limited, so be sure to read the rules and register for the appropriate competition class now!

These Events Will Kick Major A$$!!!!!!! :d

Comment

Course is now locked in, prizes are in effect, montsor trucks to be there too!

check out the websites for info:
      www.driftbuffet.com
      www.shif-lock.net the official home BBS for Drift Buffet.

Comment

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1968028135

now complete with promo vid shot by Shift-lock.net

Comment

RULES UPDATE

Please see http://www.driftbuffet.com/comprules.htm and look for the parts in red.

I think most of you will find the changes agreeable. If you don't, well, I'm sure I'll hear about it

But the feedback is good! We want rules that are simple, clear, favorable to drivers, but ultimately fair and safe.

Comment

whats up with the monstor trucks?

Comment

every one loves monstor trucks.

Comment

Terry call me Mack 951-304-9300

Comment

Comment

You mentioned the course is locked in... so what's it going to be like?

Comment

Well, it is going to be challenging for the drivers, fun to watch from the grandstands, and will allow the driver to hit two banks before droping into the infield to finish the run.

Drift Buffet Demo to be run on March 10th between the ASA Legends cars and the ASA Figure 8 races.
                      at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino California.

check out driftbuffet.com for more info on March 18 drift competition.

Comment

asa stock car demo

the boys from DB did a demo at NOS center and got the stock car crowd fired up for the comp next sunday!
                        lined up before the demo

heading out on track

the crowds watching -

all the demo runs are on video, the stills looked horrible, new camera needed!!

Comment

OMFG is MR ROGERS CAR ALL THE SAME COLOR NOW!! HOLY $hit

Comment

I will show up too watch!!

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
                              OMFG is MR ROGERS CAR ALL THE SAME COLOR NOW!! HOLY $hit
                              All one color, and minus one transmission

I love how everyone recognizes my car by the wheels. Demo was awesome, another one on sat. and the comp is going to be badass! Everyone not driving should be up there to watch!!!
                              You comming out on sat night Riley?
                              Last edited by brainfood; 03-14-2007, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X