American Gymkhana March 31 El Toro, Irvine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gymkhana March 31 El Toro, Irvine

American Gymkhana Event March 31st (saturday)
    El Toro Fields Irvine, CA

visit for more info:
    www.gymkhanausa.com
    to register to run visit:
    event register

are amatures allowed to drift?!

Comment

Amateurs are more than welcomed to run. But, I don't know if drifting would be the best technique to use for everybody? See, to object of Gymkhana is to try to go though the whole course as quickly as possible. Around tight turns or a 360's drifting might be faster but remember drifting dose cut speed a lot... A lot of FF car can corner pretty quick without sliding the rear.

Hope this helps?

Comment

yay, finally something in OC...
        should be a fun day, gonna have to learn NOT to slide the car around everywhere. are there going to be instructors there?
        they should start doing drift events there as well.

Comment

Yes, Taka is our chief instructors and there will probably be a couple more...
          If everything go's good were planning to hold drift events there too, El Toro is watching how well we do so, come out everyone lets put on a good event!

I'm going to try to post a layout of the course too so you guys can kinda have a ideal of the run.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by GymkhanaKen View Post
            Yes, Taka is our chief instructors and there will probably be a couple more...
            If everything go's good were planning to hold drift events there too, El Toro is watching how well we do so, come out everyone lets put on a good event!

I'm going to try to post a layout of the course too so you guys can kinda have a ideal of the run.

Ken
            that would be very cool! oc is smack in the middle so its a great location. (plus its only like 10mins from my house)

cool that taka is coming out. looks like its gonna be a good event!

Comment

Were also going to have Alex Pfeiffer & Andy Yen as guest instructors...

Comment

Sounds like a great event Ken..... nice bumping into you earlier

Comment

Originally posted by GymkhanaKen View Post
                  Were also going to have Alex Pfeiffer & Andy Yen as guest instructors...
                  yay..everyone who taught me at d-day can teach me gymkhana

Comment

Ok, here is a layout of the course @ El Toro.
                    It's basically going to be like this....
                    For $120.00 Your going to be broken up in groups. You'll run all day minus a break for lunch and your fastest time will be posted. Winners are based on the fastest times in each category ex: N-stock, SA-stock, modified & unlimited.

Thanks & hope to see you guys out there....

Ken

Comment

wow on my bday! i'll try to get my ugly duckling in there.

Comment

very cool, time for me to sign up!!

Comment

this event is going to be very challenging and exciting !
                          you'll going to have to choose which section of a course
                          to grip/zero-counter slide/little counter steer slide/full
                          counter steer to find out which method is going to get
                          you the fastest time (^^).
                          let's have some fun at El Torro !!!

hiro

Comment

New Update!

Open to the Public/Spectators! FUN RUN
                            During the lunch break 12:00pm to 1:00pm
                            Spectators can sign up that afternoon and drive their car on the course 2 runs for $5 BUCK!

Come and try it!

Helmet is required.

Comment

Working...
                            X