august 26th, mineral wells texas... drift/grip w/datalogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• august 26th, mineral wells texas... drift/grip w/datalogging

I've been wanted to do this next event for awhile. We have done a ton of normal practice days, we have done an instructional day, and next I want to do a tuner challenge/drift day. The concept behind this is to find the flaws in our setups, and have an idea of exactly what we need to do to our cars instead of just randomly modifying them. We will do this by having a digital datalogging box on hand that measures acceleration, braking, skidpad numbers, and much more. We will combine this with the subjective expertise of a pro tire test driver with a racing background to try and point us all in the right direction. If I can get a set in time, I would also like to have a set of corner weight scales on hand to see how much our cars weight, and where the weight is. Also, if I have time, and if everyone cooperates, I would like to post all the data online so everyone can see the car setup everyone else uses, and how well it works.

As always we will still have a normal course setup for drift, but it will be much tighter than normal, and alot longer. The style of driving you will use to get through it will be a bit different than how we normally drift at events to create better car control. This will also make it more entertaining for grip driving, and make it easier to time the cars through the course for data logging purposes.

The price as always is 40 dollars to run all day, grip or drift. This also includes data logging and testing. If you would like data logging and subjective testing of your car, our pro test driver will conduct these runs, so you must have a car that runs reliably and safely, and give up your keys : )

For directions to the track, go to maps.google.com and search for Mineral Wells Airport, TX. It will lead you right to the track. For accommodations if you need them, I suggest the Bestwestern in Mineral Wells, as it is the only decent hotel there.

http://fabricatedmotorsports.com

Sounds good - i'll be there

Comment

http://www.bubbadrift.com/album/thum...lbum=32&page=1

Comment

Working...
      X