Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPI Cancelled

From wrecked magazine.

July 16, 2008 It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.

NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this.

Please watch nopi.com for future announcements.

My best to all the competitors. Bad timing and a terrible thing to do this late in the season. Boo NOPI.

Mike

D.amn!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eh, I'm sure nobody will miss it.

Comment

Sad to see the series leave as they actually gave a lot of money back to the drifting community and helped to fill the void between the local amateur drifting day and Formula D. Unfortunately, they never wanted to admit that they actually were filling this void, and instead wanted to compete for the top sponsorship dollars and competitors, without actually having a competitive advantage over FD.

I hope NOPI can figure things out and make a return, but sadly, I think this may be the beginning of the end

Comment

They didn't fill any void.

It was a series of shitty events with ugly cars that a majority of people thought was stupid.

Comment

Time for the ProAm to step it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

It was a series of shitty events with ugly cars that a majority of people thought was stupid.
              Nopi or fd? LOL

Comment

That Honda element was teh sexual

Comment

hahaha .... BH - I love you! Never pull any punches... Truth = new comedy!

Comment

Yes, actually they really did. Especially on the east coast. And your always talking about everybodys cars being so ugly, will you please post some pictures of yours so we can all see what a "good" looking car is supposed to look like? They did have some issues but overall the nopi events were fun, they had some good competition, and we got to drive some fun tracks and will be missed. I dont think there will be anyway they can come back from this.

Comment

Terry - thanks.

Other guy - Why do you want to see my car? It is just real simple. Not a big deal, BUT, it does look a million times better than most of those NOPI cars.

It looks too low though. I doubt I drift it.

Comment

Terry - thanks.

Other guy - Why do you want to see my car? It is just real simple. Not a big deal, BUT, it does look a million times better than most of those NOPI cars.

It looks too low though. I doubt I drift it.
                        Looks good but maybe if you added a Super big @$*(@ wing and tons dumb *Arzz vinyl over more dumb *Arzz vinyl over something shinny. Remember big wing! You already have a wing so your almost there n gaykidness hahaha...

J/K I like your car very much

Comment

I was Media passed at Nopi ohio, it was pretty decent event and thats there smaller event. I think any event goes down it sucks for the people who acually drive these type of events.

Comment

Brian - your mirrors make me soooo horny!

Nopi was a joke from a production standpoint, the only thing they really had that was positive was the judges for the first season. The course design was usually whack, and they needed to know their place in the industry and then they would have been ok. Nopi could have been the mid-level exception and then they would have been ok, but that dog and pony show was no where near the quality of FD or D1. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The problem was that Nopi always thought they were top dog. ASB#* has better drivers that Nopi. And they know their place in the biz.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                              Brian - your mirrors make me soooo horny!

Nopi was a joke from a production standpoint, the only thing they really had that was positive was the judges for the first season. The course design was usually whack, and they needed to know their place in the industry and then they would have been ok. Nopi could have been the mid-level exception and then they would have been ok, but that dog and pony show was no where near the quality of FD or D1. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The problem was that Nopi always thought they were top dog. ASB#* has better drivers that Nopi. And they know their place in the biz.
                              NOPI canceling their drifting efforts are one thing, but to cancel their supershow is another. That show was 20 years strong, with over 80,000 (or more) people in attendance last year over a single weekend (two day show), and 5000+ show cars. SEMA brought in about 60,000 people last year, and that's over 4 days in Las Vegas. HIN brings like what...300-400 show cars.

Their drifting thing was their effort to "keep up" with what's going on. They did a drag racing thing too...also to "keep up". I think they couldn't keep up anymore when they tried to "keep up" with a television channel (NOPI TV).

Comment

Working...
                              X