ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOTICE: NOPI alternative event at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hosted by AMS. Same weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTICE: NOPI alternative event at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hosted by AMS. Same weekend

Even though NOPI has cancelled their biggest event of the past 20 years, AMS is still going to have it. They will be hosting it themselves with the help of the locals. You can still look forward to drifting, car show, drag racing and array of other activities. Specifics are being discussed and will be released shortly. Please keep your calendar empty for the 3rd weekend in Sept. as usual! I will post more when the details become available. Please keep in mind this was a shock to the venue and your patience is appreciated while they sort out the details.

If you have any suggestion on sponsors (or want to sponsor the event) or type of things you would like to see incorporated into the event or if you would like to volunteer to work the event, let me know and I will pass along the information. Also media can contact me for now and I will see how we are to handle that. I can be reached at tracy@batlground.com

Car Club people, let me know if you are trying to come and I will see if they are planning club spots like they usually do for NOPI.

LONG STORY SHORT: EVEN THOUGH NOPI CANCELED, AMS IS STILL HAVING AN EVENT THAT WEEKEND.

Tracy

P.S. AMS stands for Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Judges are? Drift payout? Top16 tandem type event, or local single run type event?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey View Post
      Judges are? Drift payout? Top16 tandem type event, or local single run type event?
      I don't have that info yet. I am working on it. It will be an amateur comp as of now. I will post when it is all situated. It's not my event, I am just trying to help the venue since they found out about all of this the same day we did.

Comment

e-mail I got from AMS today:

Originally posted by AMS

Tracy,

Thanks for all the great information and effort you’re putting in. I don’t have a lot to update you with but we should be making some decisions by early next week. As you know NOPI Nationals is a huge event so there are a lot variables and interest in this event. We do not want to rush to a decision but I will certainly keep you posted.

As you receive questions please convey that there will be an event at Atlanta Motor Speedway and all cars will be welcomed.

Again thanks for your help and I look forward to the event.

Comment

any recent news with this?

Comment

it's at a convention center, not at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

http://www.motorsportnationals.com/

Here's the flier. The graphic design looks vaguely familiar...

Comment

What a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in shitty flyer!

Comment

wow.......

Comment

that enzo looks like it ran into a high-lighter truck!

Comment

It was supposed to originally be at AMS hosted by AMS. Then things got all crazy and mixed up and motorsport nationals was supposed to do it at AMS. Then MSN moved to Georgia International Convention Center. Now AMS is having an event and so is Motorsport Nationals on the same weekend. Too much for me to worry about, so I am staying out of it. I'm sure I'll end up at one of the events. Depends on if i feel like drag racing my STI at AMS or drifting at GICC if Motorsport Nationals has it (they are looking for K-rail sponsor).

Comment

Drifting in a parking lot with k-rails... hmm.... i swear I've seen this before...

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        Drifting in a parking lot with k-rails... hmm.... i swear I've seen this before...
                        I imagine you have. It's been done a lot, by a couple of groups...

Comment

confusing, so *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it, im not driving up

Comment

Working...
                          X